Getting Ready to Buy Another (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright here is the deal its an 84 for a good price, but the owner says it run rough and is hard to start... and I'm looking to be able to drive it 300+ miles home and he thinks it would not make it, he said the carb was rebuilt 500 miles ago ran good for a lil while then it start messing up does anybody have any ideas what could cause it?? and is it worth 2000 with min body rust??

P.S. mabye some ideas on what to take with me to fix the problem when i get there...

Thanks Shaun

I would take his advice and plan to trailer it home (and be prepared to walk away if it isn't worth $2K). Could be as simple as a dirty fuel filter and as bad as a blown headgasket.

Middleburg, VA?

2k is a little high unless it is running good check in your area for other options. if you are willing travel depending on where you are west coast has a few 60's for cheap.

85 fj60 Under construction

yeah im thinkin its the rusty tank but heres a link 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale here what the guy said "Its not a cylinder missing or anything catastrophic like that. It ran rough when I first bought it. The mechanic said the carb was "loading up". The FJ would die and be really tough to keep running. After a while it would "drive out" of it, but just not reliable. So I had the carb rebuilt and it ran GREAT for a week. Then it started doing the same thing again. " im pretty mechanicly inclined but i just dont know if its worth it cause my 62s tranny is bout to take a dump so i dont know??? let me know what yall think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom