Getting OEM front spacers installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any installation tips that I need to pass along to my mechanic? He's very competent, but I'm sure he doesn't work on many LCs. If there are some specific issues with the install, I'll like to give him a heads-up. Thanks in advance.

It is IMPERATIVE that he not loosen the KDSS screws more than three full turns. If he does, it can depressurize the system and require special tools most dealers don’t even carry all the time.

You can do the job without loosening the screws but the correct and much easier way is to do the kdss balance with them open (just less than 3 turns).

Beyond that the job is easy. Don’t even have to remove the springs from the front struts.

Let me know how it turns out!
I’d like to see photos if possible.
Thank you.

had mine installed but looks like my driver front is about 1/2 inch lower than my passenger side. any recommendations?

had mine installed but looks like my driver front is about 1/2 inch lower than my passenger side. any recommendations?

That is within what toyota considers acceptable for KDSS lean (1” IIRC). You can attempt to balance the system by loosening the screws (less than 3 full turns) on a totally flat surface, and slowly drive around or shove the vehicle side to side, letting it sit for a while before closing the screws again. 9ft-lb is the tightening spec.

But, many of us would be very happy with only 1/2” of lean. If it were mine I’d leave well enough alone.

That is within what toyota considers acceptable for KDSS lean (1” IIRC). You can attempt to balance the system by loosening the screws (less than 3 full turns) on a totally flat surface, and slowly drive around or shove the vehicle side to side, letting it sit for a while before closing the screws again. 9ft-lb is the tightening spec.

But, many of us would be very happy with only 1/2” of lean. If it were mine I’d leave well enough alone.

Good to know! I did try the kdss lean fix a couple times and never got less than 1/2 to 1/4. Being OCD as I am it sticks out like a sore thumb but probably invisible to 99% of the world haha.

Good to know! I did try the kdss lean fix a couple times and never got less than 1/2 to 1/4. Being OCD as I am it sticks out like a sore thumb but probably invisible to 99% of the world haha.

Yeah.. same here. In my opinion the “lean fix” involving boards is a bad bandaid method. That hydraulically preloads the sway bar system to fight a not-level problem caused elsewhere. In my case the lean is more significant.. at my next alignment the plan is to have the tech loosen all suspension bolts and retorque everything.

Did you have it leveled as planned?
If so, any photos available?
Thanks!

Did you have it leveled as planned?
If so, any photos available?
Thanks!

Yup. She’s all sorted (for now).

E577B3F8-D5D6-40F2-B182-EC2ED2FD791D.jpeg
C216714C-BAFA-4106-A28A-991F25F7A5E3.jpeg
AE273A92-109F-4597-8718-3FA32BD66690.jpeg
B3B3AEA3-E9D0-4AED-8B3F-58020409798C.jpeg

Looks awesome! Just make sure you get it aligned. Great inexpensive upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom