getting a power window up (without power) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My passenger front power window only goes down and not up (I think it is a switch issue?) The window is fully down and I just was notified that the aftermarket switch I ordered is backordered. Any suggestions to getting the window back up? Part of me just want's to put manual windows in this thing....

Put some sweet voltage and ground to it

Yep. Just did this in our 62. Take the door panel off. Run wires from + and - battery posts to the two leads on the window motor. If it goes the wrong way, switch the wires and it will be all good.
If you have a spare battery or a battery pack/charger, that’s easiest so you can have the power right next to you by the door.

By "leads" you mean where the wiring "plug" goes in to the motor? I'm a newbie to wiring/electrical stuff.

Yes, unplug the window motor and run 2 wires from a battery or jumper box and put one wire on each of the 2 metal pieces inside the plug that goes to the motor. The other end of the wires will go to the battery or charging box. If the window rolls the wrong way, switch the two wires in the motor and it will reverse the window direction.
YouTube videos should help.

That worked like a charm! Wound up using my jumper cables and then cut off the existing switch, keeping the wires and plug and conencted the cables to those wires. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom