Getting a 3B started after sitting for 3 years (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 3B that has been sitting in a crate for 3 years. It came out of a 83 BJ60 and was running before it was crated.

What I'm replacing:

Oil and filter
Fuel Filter
Belts
Fuel lines
Clutch
New Fuel
Radiator Hoses

Anything else? I'm planning on cleaning and detailing the engine to find any leaks. Anything I should look for?

Having the glow plugs and injectors tested would guarantee an easy start. A good battery is also recommended.

How many klms on it?

Check the oil and air filter/intake duct and flash er up with some good batteries. As mentioned, getting it warm with the block heater would make it happy.

stay away from starting fluid is the only thing i can add. it's alittle rough on motors.

I wouldn't worry over much. I've started motorcycle engines (read: high reving petrol engines) wich have been standing still for as much as 6 or 7 years, after only cleaning carburetor (injectors) and replacing sparkplugs(glowplugs) and oil. Did spray A LITTLE!! WD40 in the cylinder via the sparkplug hole. And I would use a start battery and not a normal car battery since you might be cranking for a while.

Anyway wish you luck:cheers:

How did this work out for you? I also just purchased a 3b that has been crated since 2009.,no clue on history here. I plan on starting it in crate first before I do some preventative maintenance on it.

IMAG1469.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom