Getting a '18 200! Have some Q's about Apple Car Play and removing the 3rd row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In garage, passenger side.jpg

Picked it up today! She barely fits in the garage, I don't think I've got clearance under the lift to run the roof rack, which is odd because I know it fit on my old GX470, which is supposedly taller.

I hate the wheels and tires, they're coming off tomorrow. I'm replacing them with TRD Rock Warriors and Falken AT3W tires. That should lower the truck another inch, I'll see if the roof rack with ski attachments fits then.

I've paired my phone and programmed the Homelink. Still need to install my phone mount, replace the wiper blades and figure stuff out.
Speaking of which, how do you program the radio to stay on the screen you want? Like the Audio/radio screen, how do I keep it on that instead of reverting to the home screen? Or when I'm streaming music, how do I keep it on that screen instead of going over to the En whatever screen?

I initially had the same mount, but I switched to Ram's "quick grip" mount because you put the phone in and take it out easily with one hand.

For the base, I use a console mount from Proclip based on someone's recommendation in another thread on the subject.

View attachment 2915661View attachment 2915662
So I opened up my ProClip mount and it only came with the lower bracket, not the upper part. Do you have a part number for that so I can order it?

Speaking of which, how do you program the radio to stay on the screen you want? Like the Audio/radio screen, how do I keep it on that instead of reverting to the home screen? Or when I'm streaming music, how do I keep it on that screen instead of going over to the En whatever screen?

You can’t program it to stay on a specific screen. I usually run Spotify on my phone to the vehicle via USB and turn off my display. Until I can get a reliable Carplay solution this works for me.

At least on my '20, you can program the factory infotainment to stay on the last screen rather than always defaulting to the home screen. It's buried somewhere in the settings and I don't remember exactly where - it's one of those things I set at some point in the first week and never touched again. I'm heading out to run an errand in a bit and will try to remember to check where it is.

I think I figured it out, it is buried in the settings.

I think I figured it out, it is buried in the settings.
Just to close the loop, on my '20 (which should apply to '19-'21 at least), it is:

Setup > General > Auto screen change > Off

Mine always defaults to NAV on a restart of the vehicle. I thought that was what Doc was asking about. That setting only works to stop auto screen changes once the vehicle is started.

Mine seems to remember what screen it was left on and that's what it's on when I restart it

Got my TRD wheels on, so much happier with the way it looks!
TRD wheels on.jpg

Drove up to Vail last night in the middle of a snow storm. Happy to report that the Falken AT3W's did great! Tons and tons of traction, never had an issue, very confidence inspiring.

Question: What are people using for rear seat covers for a dog? I had a WeatherTech cover in my last car and it seemed to work well...

Drove up to Vail last night in the middle of a snow storm. Happy to report that the Falken AT3W's did great! Tons and tons of traction, never had an issue, very confidence inspiring.

Question: What are people using for rear seat covers for a dog? I had a WeatherTech cover in my last car and it seemed to work well...

Escape Gear (sold by Equipt in the US) appears to be the best made, albeit a little pricey.

There are other cheaper options mentioned in this thread:

So I want to order a Beat Sonic and I watched their video to get into the radio service mode so I can find out the radio part # and manufacturer. I turned the 200 on, held down the Audio button and turned the headlight on/off three times. Nothing happened, it never went into service mode. I tried several times, same thing.

What am I missing here? I have a 2018 200 with the JBL stereo...

What're people using for phone mounts?
I have the Pro Clips mount for 2016+ and it's great. Looks like it's only offered on 16+ models though. Rock solid mount and they have options to mount on the LH or RH side of the screen. I went with RH side to keep the clutter out of hands way and not block my vent. Now it just blocks my fiancé's 😂

So I want to order a Beat Sonic and I watched their video to get into the radio service mode so I can find out the radio part # and manufacturer. I turned the 200 on, held down the Audio button and turned the headlight on/off three times. Nothing happened, it never went into service mode. I tried several times, same thing.

What am I missing here? I have a 2018 200 with the JBL stereo...
When I ordered mine, I do not think I had to inform the part and manufacturer. If you have questions write to their customer service, they are pretty responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom