Get this-New Purchase Goes Sour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, even with them financing, it should not have been that complicated. Most dealerships do several of these deals a week.

You are completely justified in your frustration. At this point, get through it the best you can and try not to let it ruin your enjoyment of the 200. It will all be worth it in the end.

Hopefully the end will be sooner rather than later.

I’m going to tell them I want them to refund me the $3,990 for the extended warranty and service if they want to satisfy things on my end, and even that is nothing, the amount of time and frustration this cost has no dollar value ....

the employee gets to keep his job and never had any of the hassle and stress I went through, they got the sale, the extra commissions, and got to keep their top sales man... what the F did I get? Hassle and an $80,000+ vehicle that is still sitting in my garage and no vehicle for my wife and kids to be picked up in and me leaving work early and going to work late to do the daycare runs...it’s crazy

but that’s the least they’ll need to do

and if not then they can live with the factual reviews and screenshots of what I had to deal with from the salesman .. it’s their employee and he used my confidential information to track down my place of work

everyone think that would seem fair? Because as of yet I’ve got nothing.

Is it a privately owned Toyota dealership or part of a corporation?

I would be all over Toyota... To be honest Social Media you seem to get the fastest responses these days.

Yes CSI hurts them on the wallet for the dealer owner and their backend money.

Is it a privately owned Toyota dealership or part of a corporation?

I would be all over Toyota... To be honest Social Media you seem to get the fastest responses these days.

Yes CSI hurts them on the wallet for the dealer owner and their backend money.
I called Toyota and apart from having a nice sympathetic voice the conclusion basically was, Toyota are the manufacturers, this is not a manufacturer issue, and dealers own their own dealership, so go back to the dealership, and we’ve documented the issue here.
And that was it!

The entire thing just sounds bizarre. An employee tracking your business down and leaving bad reviews because you upset him? The lack of follow thru with the DMV's. When you finance something it is instant. The lender lets you know you are approved. You sign on paper and digitally. Done. You now X amount to a lender. The funds are immediately available. This is not 1985 where things need to get mailed to one office across the country and back again or even faxed for that matter. Financing with a dealer can stream line things because they bundle everything into one loan with the dollar amount correct down to the penny. Self financing the loan might be over or under. And you might have to wait 24 hours for the funds to clear. But still that really means midnight of the same day. Strange but these are strange times. Covid issues with the states involved? Maybe? Maybe the salesperson has a fragile ego and you upset him or had some other things going on so he acted like a child having a fit. Still no excuse to bring a personal vendetta against you. If you can talk to him, not an email or text, even tempered and smooth to ask why he blasted your personal business. Chances are slim but he might explain or even apologize. He could just be a jerk but most jerks have a reason they are sooooo miserable. If the whole thing goes south then find a local media station, online reviews, ect and really give that dealership hell. If they pulled that crap with you and that purchase size I can only imagine what they might do other folks getting a used Camry.

The entire thing just sounds bizarre. An employee tracking your business down and leaving bad reviews because you upset him? The lack of follow thru with the DMV's. When you finance something it is instant. The lender lets you know you are approved. You sign on paper and digitally. Done. You now X amount to a lender. The funds are immediately available. This is not 1985 where things need to get mailed to one office across the country and back again or even faxed for that matter. Financing with a dealer can stream line things because they bundle everything into one loan with the dollar amount correct down to the penny. Self financing the loan might be over or under. And you might have to wait 24 hours for the funds to clear. But still that really means midnight of the same day. Strange but these are strange times. Covid issues with the states involved? Maybe? Maybe the salesperson has a fragile ego and you upset him or had some other things going on so he acted like a child having a fit. Still no excuse to bring a personal vendetta against you. If you can talk to him, not an email or text, even tempered and smooth to ask why he blasted your personal business. Chances are slim but he might explain or even apologize. He could just be a jerk but most jerks have a reason they are sooooo miserable. If the whole thing goes south then find a local media station, online reviews, ect and really give that dealership hell. If they pulled that crap with you and that purchase size I can only imagine what they might do other folks getting a used Camry.

that’s exactly how I feel.
I called him immediately after I was alerted to the review and I was transferred to him from the front desk and as soon as I said who I was he hung up. He’s been notified not to do it again or expect severe repercussions, and he will get them
He removed the review but never called or emailed to apologize

it’s like everyone these days, they think they are owed everything cos they have it so bad in life

Meanwhile I looked at his 12 contributions he made of other businesses, all 1 star reviews, including one because milk never available and another because he got given the wrong sandwich in his order and had to wait 20 mins for a new sandwich

yet when I pay over $80k with taxes and almost two weeks without even the paperwork to drive it and it takes them almost a week or constantly ask them to electronically send it it the dmv I’m the terrible person! It’s disgusting

Can anyone help here

So I finally got the ‘confirmation of ownership’ letter from the purchase state. I went with this, and proof of insurance and bill of sale to my home state, MA, and they have this allergic like reaction to seeing this ‘confirmation of ownership’ and wouldn’t allow me to register the vehicle and pay the state tax.
They said I need a title and to ask the lien holder for the title

I called the lienholder, Chase, and asked them, and they told me ‘we never keep paper copies of title, we receive an electronic copy, and we can fax or mail you this if you wish’. I told them I think MA wants a paper ordinal copy, and Chase is telling me they can’t get it, and will send me a copy of the electronic title.

Is this enough? Will the state accept this? Paper titles can be requested from the purchase state DMV but I can’t request it, I can only request my bank the lienholder to request it, but they are telling me they won’t request or ‘cos we never do that we only hold electronic titles which we will send you a copy of’

I’m lost!! And the DMV are by appointment only and going there right now is a s*** show I just waited outside in 90f sun for an hour plus to be turned away

Can anyone help here

So I finally got the ‘confirmation of ownership’ letter from the purchase state. I went with this, and proof of insurance and bill of sale to my home state, MA, and they have this allergic like reaction to seeing this ‘confirmation of ownership’ and wouldn’t allow me to register the vehicle and pay the state tax.
They said I need a title and to ask the lien holder for the title

I called the lienholder, Chase, and asked them, and they told me ‘we never keep paper copies of title, we receive an electronic copy, and we can fax or mail you this if you wish’. I told them I think MA wants a paper ordinal copy, and Chase is telling me they can’t get it, and will send me a copy of the electronic title.

Is this enough? Will the state accept this? Paper titles can be requested from the purchase state DMV but I can’t request it, I can only request my bank the lienholder to request it, but they are telling me they won’t request or ‘cos we never do that we only hold electronic titles which we will send you a copy of’

I’m lost!! And the DMV are by appointment only and going there right now is a s*** show I just waited outside in 90f sun for an hour plus to be turned away

I can't help because I do not know how things work in Mass, but I will tell you what I would do, and what I actually do whenever I am doing anything related to registering or titling a vehicle. This is something that is not commonly known, but for me it was a revelation.

In every state, there are concierge services that are approved by the state to handle all of this on your behalf. If you've ever wondered how rich and famous people get around dealing with the DMV, this is the answer. For a fee, they will handle all of the paperwork. They know the ins and outs of how the DMV operates and how to avoid issues like this. The service we use actually comes to my house, verifies the VIN, fills out the forms, submits them, and delivers my tags. For my last car purchase (which was actually a cash purchase for a new car from a dealer in Mass), he actually worked with the dealer to ensure that we had all the correct forms. In total, it cost me $300 to have him take care of everything. I would have payed double to save 3 hours at the DMV and an insane amount of headache.

I don't know where you are, but here are examples I found just by googling "car registration concierge":

The service that I use here in the Bay Area specializes in registering things like older, restored cars where no title exists, so you may find somebody like that in your area. Check with the local "classic car club" and they can probably put you in touch with a service.

At this point, $300 more would be worth your sanity and health, IMO. Obviously the dealer should be doing this for you, but I'm not sure if I would trust them to do anything.

I can't help because I do not know how things work in Mass, but I will tell you what I would do, and what I actually do whenever I am doing anything related to registering or titling a vehicle. This is something that is not commonly known, but for me it was a revelation.

In every state, there are concierge services that are approved by the state to handle all of this on your behalf. If you've ever wondered how rich and famous people get around dealing with the DMV, this is the answer. For a fee, they will handle all of the paperwork. They know the ins and outs of how the DMV operates and how to avoid issues like this. The service we use actually comes to my house, verifies the VIN, fills out the forms, submits them, and delivers my tags. For my last car purchase (which was actually a cash purchase for a new car from a dealer in Mass), he actually worked with the dealer to ensure that we had all the correct forms. In total, it cost me $300 to have him take care of everything. I would have payed double to save 3 hours at the DMV and an insane amount of headache.

I don't know where you are, but here are examples I found just by googling "car registration concierge":

The service that I use here in the Bay Area specializes in registering things like older, restored cars where no title exists, so you may find somebody like that in your area. Check with the local "classic car club" and they can probably put you in touch with a service.

At this point, $300 more would be worth your sanity and health, IMO. Obviously the dealer should be doing this for you, but I'm not sure if I would trust them to do anything.

OMG $300 would be out of my hand so fast! I hate dealing with this $hit this is great I never knew it existed! I’d have paid any amount of money at the DMV today to get it done

I called them. Call diverts to the Philippines or somewhere
They don’t offer the service of registering a new vehicle

I’m going to ask my local Toyota dealer that services my tundra and will service this also if they can do it for me, they are probably there twice a week. I couldn’t have got the LC from them, and I did offer it from them but they only had a heritage and a color I didn’t want so it’s not like I didn’t try give them the business and I’m hoping they’ll be happy enough that servicing both vehicles for me will be ‘enough skin in it for them’

In looking at the MA website it doesn’t say you need title when ‘Buying from a dealer’
It just says ‘Proof Of ownership’ which a ‘confirmation of ownership’ should have spelled that out for them.....

If you buy from an individual THEN a title is requested

Sometimes I think if something is unusual to these primadonna characters at the DMV they freak out despite it being exactly what their website asks for

ask the lien holder for the electronics copy and take that and the rule you just posted. If they dont do it, ask for a supervisor and explain your situation. Be nice though as nice gets you along way there, say I really hope you can help me a few times :)

ask the lien holder for the electronics copy and take that and the rule you just posted. If they dont do it, ask for a supervisor and explain your situation. Be nice though as nice gets you along way there, say I really hope you can help me a few times :)
I’ll tell them I love them and I want to marry them etc etc to the point they’ll be like I’ll do anything just to get this freak out of here lol

I’m going to ask my local Toyota dealer that services my tundra and will service this also if they can do it for me, they are probably there twice a week. I couldn’t have got the LC from them, and I did offer it from them but they only had a heritage and a color I didn’t want so it’s not like I didn’t try give them the business and I’m hoping they’ll be happy enough that servicing both vehicles for me will be ‘enough skin in it for them’
Sorry about your situation - I hope you're able to get it resolved soon. Which MA dealer do you normally use? I had a pretty nice buying experience with Acton Toyota when I bought my Heritage a few weeks ago. They had 2 new 2019's in stock also (both were black with the brown interior). I understand why you aren't naming names, but I'm certainly curious where you ended up buying from as I had been considering a few of the dealers in NH.

Last edited:
Sorry about your situation - I hope you're able to get it resolved soon. Which MA dealer do you normally use? I had a pretty nice buying experience with Acton Toyota when I bought my Heritage a few weeks ago. They had a 2 new 2019's in stock also (both were black with the brown interior). I understand why you aren't naming names, but I'm certainly curious where you ended up buying from as I had been considering a few of the dealers in NH.
Hey
Acton Toyota are my local and where I get service from actually. And I called them but yeh that’s all they had were black ones and the heritage and I wanted a white/terra

I bought from the mid west. I’m just trying to get set up and then review where the land lies

It sucks you have to endure this. As far as restitution, the heart ache and frustration will pass and it sounds like all the negative reviews are gone, but if you relive the BS associated with this dealership every time you drive the vehicle that would be tragic. I like the idea of them comping you for the warranty. I still think they are in some pretty deep doo-doo for using your personal data and not correcting the problem immediately (i.e. terminating/disciplining the employee and sending apologies once it was clear what was done)

Can anyone confirm if a ‘confirmation of ownership’ letter from a state DMV and bill of sale should count towards ‘proof of ownership’ in MA

Their web page doesn’t say a title is needed when you buy from a dealer, it only says it’s needed when you buy from an individual.

I think this was a case of dmv staff not applying the rules or being familiar with what’s allowed

646EF461-161B-4024-BC69-666770C94447.jpeg

^ This.

When I lived in MA, I was dumbfounded at how backwards/ circular the car registration process is. The best you can do here is the bill of sale + lienholder's electronic title.

I think this was a case of dmv staff not applying the rules or being familiar with what’s allowed
This is probably true. The rules are really convoluted in MA for what is supposed to be a simple process.

Registering a trailer in MA is backwards too. And renewing the reg year after year is even more backwards... my insurance policy doesn’t require that trailer be listed on the policy, but MA requires it for renewal. So every year it’s like having to register it again. Screwy for sure.

Btw, I bought my 200 from acton and it was a mostly pleasant process, but even they had a hiccup on the registration with the RMV and somehow cancelled the tag I I tried to transfer.

their service department has been great to work with especially on warranty issues on my CPO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom