Georgia Traverse - MLK Weekend Cancelled - Winter Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I meant to ask if we were limiting the size of the group.
We are getting to where that is a good idea but don’t have a hard cutoff number yet. I hate to turn anyone away but campsite space is finite.

The Christmas party coming up is our main focus right now. Gonna be a good time.

Last edited:
I should be good to make this one.

Needed a warmer bag. Hopefully this will do.

Going to cap the list at this time. When we get closer we will see how it goes. Still have to get through Christmas and New Year’s Day, but this is all I am thinking of.

022A9FC3-19D2-44EF-A7F3-73B2CD1F5EBD.jpeg

~30 day update:
Long range forecast for Blue Ridge, GA - Lots of time to change between now and then, but that seems about right for a North Georgia winter weekend. Let's hope for less rain, but prepare just the same. :cold:

upload_2018-12-24_11-12-11.png

Before the "shut down" there were no notices that would impede our route. Everything is looking good.
upload_2018-12-24_11-17-15.png

Have a merry Christmas!

The prep/packing has started. Gave the tent a new waterproofing & seam sealing, added a 20lb propane bottle, and decided to cheat with the Buddy heater. Also, Santa is bringing Luke some cold weather gear since he is thin-blooded like his old man. Looking forward to it!

The prep/packing has started. Gave the tent a new waterproofing & seam sealing, added a 20lb propane bottle, and decided to cheat with the Buddy heater. Also, Santa is bringing Luke some cold weather gear since he is thin-blooded like his old man. Looking forward to it!
Have started prep also ,haven't taken the LX on a trip in awhile.

Route map updated in first post. Actual travel distances may vary due to many factors so don't read too much into it. Have a safe and happy New Year next week.

2018-12-27_084610-jpg.1863483

Nice. Looks like we pass the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant on Friday afternoon. Might be a good late lunch / happy hour spot to warm up before hitting camp.

Nice. Looks like we pass the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant on Friday afternoon. Might be a good late lunch / happy hour spot to warm up before hitting camp.
Yup. Also have it on internet authority that the Iron Bridge Cafe a block away has great burgers. Lots of options.

Put your RTT's down.
6fe2d07b-c3e2-4c1c-8088-04dd07b20c34.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the weather isn’t too bad. I am really looking forward to this.

I wish I could say I have been getting ready for this but been laying around in bed nursing an old injury.

Hopefully I can finish up all my need preventive maintenance in the next week and get all packed up and ready to go.

I wish I could say I have been getting ready for this but been laying around in bed nursing an old injury.
Probably doing what I have been, packing on some winter weight for extra insulation

Probably doing what I have been, packing on some winter weight for extra insulation

Well I packed on almost 12 pounds but lean muscle mass.

I have been taking advantage of some much needed time off and have been doing 2 a days at the gym ( about 4-6 hours a day) hence the old injury acting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom