Georgia Traverse - MLK Weekend Cancelled - Winter Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
Be sure to ask Santa for warm britches, 'cause Upstate Cruisers is going on an ice-breaker run over MLK weekend. We will start where we left off the Georgia Traverse route last year and continue on the northern loop that goes into Tennessee. Last year's trip thread: Georgia Traverse - Feb 2-4

Same as before, this is more an exploration trip than simple drive. Wrong turns, downed trees, closed gates, etc. may force changes to the plan. I will be monitoring forest service information for any announcements that may impact the trip (for example, Dick's Creek, which comprised a significant section of last year's trip, has been closed). Any stops will be done as-needed and camp sites will be determined as available. I would call it overlanding, but we don't have any patches. :D

All participants should be self-sufficient for food, fuel, comfort, etc. The club will provide some food; details to come. We will need at least one chainsaw, so please post if you are bringing one.

This year the club is also asking for signup payments for planned club rides. Proceeds will go towards event needs such as propane, food, campground fees if applicable, etc, and all participants will receive an event sticker. Paypal info@upstatecruisers.com or PM if alternate means are needed to hold your spot. Non-refundable. Club Member; $10/vehicle, Non-club Member; $15/vehicle.

gt-copy-png.1833721

Thursday, 1/17: Optional camp for night. $6 per site, no water, vault toilette. Google Maps
Friday, 1/18: Meet/Depart Desoto Falls campground at 11am. Follow route, camp somewhere.
Saturday, 1/19: Follow route, camp somewhere.
Sunday, 1/20: Follow route, camp somewhere. (optional trip conclusion for those without Monday off)
Monday, 1/21: Conclude trip

Fuel near departure point. Please fill before departure time if needed:
-South Google Maps
upload_2018-12-27_11-4-20.png

-North Google Maps There is another country store gas station on the way to it, but Gasbuddy does not have any fuel info for it.

Attendees (list capped):
1: @Bryanseye
2: @FrackMacker
3: @IcutYourCruiser
4: @forrest5000
5: @Clickws
6: @fj40alex
7: @Carp
8: @SCDerby
9: @SFROMAN
10: @Salty Dog
11: @ceby

2018-12-27_084610.jpg

Last edited:
lol u boys better get a group buy going for diesel heaters like rob has in his 80!

I can’t make this. Really wish I could. Couldn’t make it last year either.

Surgery for the wife on the 17th. Nothing dangerous, but have to provide transport and care that day and the following weekend.

Surgery for the wife on the 17th. Nothing dangerous, but have to provide transport and care that day and the following weekend.
Definitely understood. Take care of priorities!

RSVP paid. :bounce::bounce2::steer: BTW, are we looking the size of the group?

Not going to make it. Would have to burn 2-3 days pto, and I'm saving up for a bigger trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom