Genuine Toyota 60 Series Landcruiser Front headlamp conversion kit- PN 81110-60P70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
I believe you could go to your dealer and these for between 50-60 bucks, but I just ordered mine off of Ebay. Probably could of save $25-30 bucks, but I like things delivered. I got the part number from several threads on here. I have suffered with very dim headlights since I bought this truck a few years ago. I had switched out the lights and it helped marginally. They were so dim when I would pull onto the road from the deer lease that my passenger would ask if my headlights were on. I turn them off and on and the difference would be that any street signage or reflectors in the road would disappear, but they were dim enough that people would ask.

I ordered these and wow....I installed them a couple weeks ago and I wanted to wait until I went to the lease as the real test. They are bright. You can really see the road light up. Also, before when I would change from low to high beams it was like all my light below would disappear and it was worse than low beams. Now it is like they add to the light below, like they should. Also, before when I would rev the engine or slow to a stop my headlights would get even dimmer. I do not have any of that now. I attribute this to you bypassing the 37 year old wiring.

Install- I was a little confused on how to hook these up but a quick question on this forum cleared that up really quickly. They are truly plug and play. So this upgrade makes my top 10 upgrades

1. H55
2. Desmog/cat delete/weber carb/headers
3. New headlights
4. DNP Carpet kit
5. WITS End glove box insert
6. Bowfin roof rack
7. Drawer system
8. new seat belts
9. green fog lights for hog hunting
10. Clear tint to block heat

Pic is pre headlight install, but they dont change the look of the truck much....just can see at night now.
FJ60Paddle.JPG

That looks like a nice kit and it comes with an upgraded relay actuated wiring harness which is good. The legal wattage for passenger vehicles with H4 bulbs is I think 65 watts. So that's probably what you got.
When you want something brighter, pick up a pair of Hella 80W/100 H4 bulbs (Amazon). They'll swap right in because all H4 bulb mounts are the same. Your new harness won't mind them either.
I ran the Hella 80w/100 bulbs for decades. No problems (with upgraded harness). Really bright. Accurate low beam cutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom