General Grabber AT 2's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any experience with these tires? TireRack.com has them for $104 each and they look like a decent tire and have decent reviews. Just wondering what all of you thought.

general_tire_grabber_at2.gif

Sorry late to the party,
had a set on an old s-10 blazer, basic generic lt tire. I think I got aobut 30k out of them before I had to replace. Wasnt impressed with them off road but they were fine for a street tire.
Dave

PHAEDRUS said:
Sorry late to the party,
had a set on an old s-10 blazer, basic generic lt tire. I think I got aobut 30k out of them before I had to replace. Wasnt impressed with them off road but they were fine for a street tire.
Dave

Are you 100% sure that they were General Grabber AT2's and not just another model of General Grabber? The AT2 tire isn't a very old model...

FWIW, the generic/cheap tires tend to be 4 ply body, two ply sidewall, if you look at the specs listed on the sidewall. Just that alone makes me think they will not be as durable (off road) as a comprbly sized tire with more plys. They still could be a good value for the $$$ though.

Not positive, been about 5 years.
I cant imagine it could be that different.
Dave

KC Cruiser said:
Has anyone had any experience with these tires? TireRack.com has them for $104 each and they look like a decent tire and have decent reviews. Just wondering what all of you thought.

general_tire_grabber_at2.gif

Fairly clean generic of the BFG AT ko. I'd look for something with a more modern tread design, personally.

Did you ever try them Phaedrus....I've been contemplating these as well.

Had some General Grabber AT's (not the 2's) on my 87 toyota 4wd pickup - bigest POS tires that I've ever had - couldn't wait to wear them out so I could replace them. Had a hell of a lot of sidewall flex - felt like crap on the road.

Actually..my question should have been directed at DuManchu..sorry

I use about on year the MT type in my cruiser with great off road performance .. but never saw the AT model in action.

General MTs have had issues with weak sidewalls in the past. Don't have any experience with the ATs off-road. For about $30 more per tire (assuming you're looking at 285s), you can get Nitto Terra-Grapplers, which are probably a better tire than the Generals.

I PM'd you back already but I'll post up here too.

I wussed out on the Grabber's and got 285/75/16 BFG A/T's instead.

Next set of tires will probably be M/T's of some sort (Hankook, Kuhmo, one of the "cheaper" good brands), and maybe in 35's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom