Gen 2 LX570 backseat entertainment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, about to pull trigger on 2015 LX570 and have a question. The rear entertainment has an attachment for an older video/audio adapter. Is it possible to buy an adapter to an hdmi stick like a roku to play through that to the screens?

Thanks great forum!

Probably yes, with an HDMI to RCA adapter. You might think about whether you'll actually use the system though. I fully intended to use it for our daughter on trips and ran the sales guy through the ringer to give me a couple original headsets and remote (missing when my '15 hit the lot in 2019). That said, we've used the system exactly once, because it's a pain in the ass. I believe you have to be parked to control it from the front, which was key for us and our 5 year old. We just use an iPad now, though.

Hi all, about to pull trigger on 2015 LX570 and have a question. The rear entertainment has an attachment for an older video/audio adapter. Is it possible to buy an adapter to an hdmi stick like a roku to play through that to the screens?

Thanks great forum!

Yes, I use an RCA to HDMI adapter which then has an Apple HDMI to Lighting adapter plugged into it. This is all tucked neatly under the front passenger seat with just a lightning cable hanging out of the center console. We feed the kiddos TV/Movie fix off our iPhones or iPad. It is really nice having the ability to control the shows from the front seat (Since our kids are 2 and 4).

For our use the system basically permanently stays in the Aux input mode. The only thing we do in terms of controlling the system from the vehicle controls is turn the volume up and down. Kid's love their movie theater on the go and has made longer drives much easier.

I would recommend finding a set of RCA A/V cables that have 90 degree connectors. This prevents them from sticking out into the foot well where they could get kicked and damage the cables or plugs. I can't take some photos of how we have it all setup if you are interested.

Last edited:
Yes, I use an RCA to HDMI adapter which then has an Apple HDMI to Lighting adapter plugged into it. This is all tucked neatly under the front passenger seat with just a lightning cable hanging out of the center console. We feed the kiddos TV/Movie fix off our iPhones or iPad. It is really nice having the ability to control the shows from the front seat (Since our kids are 2 and 4).

For our use the system basically permanently stays in the Aux input mode. The only thing we do in terms of controlling the system from the vehicle controls is turn the volume up and down. Kid's love their movie theater on the go and has made longer drives much easier.

I would recommend finding a set of RCA A/V cables that have 90 degree connectors. This prevents them from sticking out into the foot well where they could get kicked and damage the cables or plugs. I can't take some photos of how we have it all setup if you are interested.
Thanks a lot for the info. Yes some pics would be great so I can better search what to buy.

This one worked in my 1st gen LX RES. I don't leave it plugged in and like the fact that the cables are attached so i don't have to keep up with them. The important thing to remember is to get one that goes the right direction. Amazon has both RCA source to HDMI input converters and HDMI source to RCA input converters. Obviously, you want the HDMI Source to RCA input converter.

Amazon product ASIN B08CH91V1W

New 14' - 570 owner here and haven't gotten too far into the entertainment system, I plan on doing the iphone adapter set up above but my question is are we able to listen to the radio if someone is watching say Apple TV or something from the back?

The rear seat watchers will be able to use the headphones (wired or wireless) and the front will be able to select its own source to play out of the car speakers. I know in the first gen, you need the remote control to changes sources for the RES.

So I received my parts today, plugged it and I can't get it past the colored bars. I changed it over to the PALS on the screen and on the HDMI-A/V device. Nothing. I was able to get audio only over bluetooth but obviously thats not going to work. Any thoughts?

So I received my parts today, plugged it and I can't get it past the colored bars. I changed it over to the PALS on the screen and on the HDMI-A/V device. Nothing. I was able to get audio only over bluetooth but obviously thats not going to work. Any thoughts?
Did you heed the advice of making sure you got a HDMI to RCA adaptor. RyanR said it backwards in his post. You need a device that takes HDMI source (iphone/ipad) and converts it to a RCA input for the RES.

If you get the device that works the other way, it will connect exactly the same but not have any video. Either that or the one you bought is possibly defective.

The only troubleshooting I could suggest is if you think you got the right parts,

A. Use some other HDMI source to test the RCA converter. Old Blue Ray player, or anything with a native HDMI output. The trouble here is finding another device that has a RCA video input, you may have to stick with your LX as the test device.

B. Using your lightning to hdmi adapter to connect your Iphone to a TV to verify it works.

This would at least narrow down which part of the puzzle is broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom