Geez with the seat foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yotahead52

GOLD Star
Threads
Resurrecting an old topic. In the process of ordering the stuff to redo my front seats on my LX 450. Guess what, the bottom seat foam is discontinued from Lexus, and no one has it. Not Land Cruiser heaven, not LSeat, not Spector off-road , anyone. Has anyone heard of a source for LX 450 lower seat bottoms.? The Lexus has slightly more foam, and therefore if you order 80 Series foam and put on Lexus seat covers it is my understanding that will be slightly loose and therefore more susceptible to tear. Anyone know more about this me. I hope So

Last edited:
I have seen a few folks use 80 foam and add extra padding to take up the slack. Have also seen people steam their existing foam with great results.

PS - I'm in Denver NC too so we should know each other! I have a lift if you are ever in need and a steamer for that foam if helpful.

Jeff

I have seen a few folks use 80 foam and add extra padding to take up the slack. Have also seen people steam their existing foam with great results.

PS - I'm in Denver NC too so we should know each other! I have a lift if you are ever in need and a steamer for that foam if helpful.

Meet Jeff everybody
My new friend with a lift........😂😂
Awesome I appreciate it. I’ve also heard of the add-some-foam route. Looks like where I am heading. What are you driving around Denver in ?? I’m down McConnell road by Webbs Chapel church

Westport... Just around the corner from you. Lake Shore Rd. S.

Nice. I see A few 80s and 100s around town and one other LX450. (Now my buddy had one too). Definitely a family that drops off kids at Rock Springs that has at least 2 Cruisers (maybe you guys). Nice to know someone is close

Maybe this helps you.
I recovered my seats last year with Lseat leather covers and love them.
I have an lx450 but I ordered 80 series covers. What I did was use one of my wife’s 1/4 inch memory foam yoga mats and glued it to my seat foams. Then covered them up. Very pleased with the results.
The memory foam makes them nice and comfortable and tightened up the leather real nice.
also if you do it yourself I would recommend you don’t take off the old leather off the headrests. Just put the new cover over it. It makes the cover a lot tighter. I took off the passenger and not the driver one and really prefer how the new cover looks with the one I left on.
I posted a bunch of pictures either on the Covid project thread or in the wrenching thread. Just search my posts and you can look at the photos I posted.

Maybe this helps you.
I recovered my seats last year with Lseat leather covers and love them.
I have an lx450 but I ordered 80 series covers. What I did was use one of my wife’s 1/4 inch memory foam yoga mats and glued it to my seat foams. Then covered them up. Very pleased with the results.
The memory foam makes them nice and comfortable and tightened up the leather real nice.
also if you do it yourself I would recommend you don’t take off the old leather off the headrests. Just put the new cover over it. It makes the cover a lot tighter. I took off the passenger and not the driver one and really prefer how the new cover looks with the one I left on.
I posted a bunch of pictures either on the Covid project thread or in the wrenching thread. Just search my posts and you can look at the photos I posted.
10-4. Thank you

Just walked outside and took these photos so you can see what they look like now that they been i. The 80 for a while.

B02EAE95-56C5-4ED0-A7FB-DC4883383A2B.jpeg
DF5B60FA-1C38-4C66-86D1-59A94B28D0C8.jpeg

I ordered the 80 skins. But I believe the company corrected the order and ended up sending me lx450 skins. I don’t know for certain because they never confirmed it with me.

I ordered the 80 skins. But I believe the company corrected the order and ended up sending me lx450 skins. I don’t know for certain because they never confirmed it with me.
Yeah looks like you got the LX ones. They look great. Mine are on the way. I found Seat foam at cruiser parts. Promised me they’d ship ASAP. Fingers crossed. They’re known for dragging feet

Yeah looks like you got the LX ones. They look great. Mine are on the way. I found Seat foam at cruiser parts. Promised me they’d ship ASAP. Fingers crossed. They’re known for dragging feet

Good luck with cruiserparts...I ordered from them once and never again. Called them to make sure they had the part, guy said he had it in his hands, yea it’s a Toyota oem part. What arrived was some bobo ass Chinese part that wasn’t even a valid substitute.

I didn’t order the bottom foams mainly because I didn’t know when I would get them if I ordered them. And also they were pricey. My driver foam was pretty bad due to a broken lower frame. I ended up having to bend it and weld it back up into shape. I reused the foam and just reinforced it with the yoga mat material which I already had on hand.
I don’t know what new oem foam feels like but I am willing to bet that with the route I went my seats are as comfortable or more than new foam for a fraction of the cost.
also the foam I used is mildew proof and water repellent so that was just an added bonus.

I didn’t order the bottom foams mainly because I didn’t know when I would get them if I ordered them. And also they were pricey. My driver foam was pretty bad due to a broken lower frame. I ended up having to bend it and weld it back up into shape. I reused the foam and just reinforced it with the yoga mat material which I already had on hand.
I don’t know what new oem foam feels like but I am willing to bet that with the route I went my seats are as comfortable or more than new foam for a fraction of the cost.
also the foam I used is mildew proof and water repellent so that was just an added bonus.
Yeah my frame is broken as well. I have another set of 80 series seats to use while I repair the others. And I agree I am In a crap shoot with cruiser parts lime was stated above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom