gearing fj62 into a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to put some 4.11's into my 60, but don't know anything about what to do. can i get just the ring and pinion from a 62 and install it or will i need the entire third? is there any problem with the driveshaft flange? any suggestions on how to do this easier? thanks. :cheers:

Best way for most is to swap the entire 3rd into your 60. That way no set-up required. It's a direct bolt-in.

Ideally, you want the whole third member. It will already be setup at the factory. I would consider having the rear rebuilt with new bearings, as it will likely be worn. Of course you can buy 4.11 gears, but don't do the set up yourself unless you are very skilled.

Just like Cruierdrew said, Ideally you want the whole third member. I went out an just bought the ring and pinion for both ends from SOR. And Def. make sure you get all the bearings regardless of witch way you go. Mine were toast. Good luck.

sounds good guys. thanks for the help. i can't decide whether i want to do that and keep my ome or put the ome on a 60 im going to sell and spring my cruiser over. the latter sounds fun, but i don't know if i want to do all that work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom