Gearbox Mounts HDJ vs FzJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All
I have resently put a H150 gearbox, soursed from a FzJ79, into my HzJ76. The engin now seems to be tilting backwards a bit more than before the swap.
I had to use the FzJ mount as HzJ ( R151gearbox) mount did not fit the new box. I then tried to compare info on the FzJ and HDJ mounts, in case the HDJ mount is taller, which would slove my problem.
Trouble is that I can't find any ToyoDIY on these mounts. I have found that the HDJ mount is 12371-17120 and that this is also the V8 mount, but does not mention the FzJ so I asume that they are different. The gearbox is the same and the crossmember is the same, Sooo, i asume that the diference is in the hight of the mounting.
Any further thoughts, info part numbers or pictures which would help would be appriciater.

Is that the thickness of the rubber only?

Cheers Locked
The Fz mount is also 38mm. Same gear box, same cross member, so it must be the rubber formulation.

Thank you anyway, I'll have to find another HzJ76 owner and check if I really do have a rearward tilt or not.

G

The Fz mount is also 38mm. Same gear box, same cross member, so it must be the rubber formulation
Its the voodoo I spoke of. I had similar problems when I put the 1HZ into my FJ73. I used all factory parts yet the gearstick ended up 2 inches to the right of the original position. Luckily the gearbox mounts had some elongated holes that managed to get it close to the original position, but there was nothing left to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom