Gear Review - Dometic CFX-75DZW Fridge (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4xoa.com
I decided to upgrade to a much larger fridge, because I am a moron... :) and just purchased a Dometic CFX-75DZW. This is a true dual zone fridge. Either side can be a freezer or fridge or a side can be turned off when not needed.

For such a large fridge I have found it to be very energy efficient. With a watt meter hooked up I have done a bunch of testing in my hot garage where the temps varied from around 85 degrees to over 100.

On the 24 hour test with the fridge pre-cooled on 110 power for about 12 hours and set at 36 on the large side and 20 on smaller side the fridge average a mere .60 Amp/per hour draw. For a total of 14.61 amps consumed over a 24 hour period. Really impressive. I am going to do a few more test with both side set at 36 and then both sides set at 20 or less to see how it goes.

The fridge is only about half full with water bottles for testing. So that isn't even the optimal setup. All 12 volt fridges run best when full and pre-cooled for at least 24 hours.

If you are going to the Expo Dometic is going to have large booth. In 2017 I did a fridge shootout with the CFX-65DZ being the most efficient. That review is on 4XOA.com and will be updated in a few weeks after using this beast for a few weeks.

Yes it takes up a ton of room but it will be nice for long trips to be able to truly freeze food and have extra food on hand for group meals. We have led several trips where folks pitched in for group meals and we stored and prepped all the food for everyone. This fridge will make it easy.

I have heard Dometic makes the ARB refrigerators now. These should definitely be considered if you are thinking about getting a fridge. My 100 watt solar setup keeps the battery charged up without any voltage cutoff issues.

I just need to purchase a large fridge slide for this. The hack of my old one doesn't allow the fridge to slide out of the FJ far enough.

40365138440_403594ab23_b.jpg

41271608505_5630ac02b0_b.jpg

New vs old. My 2 year old Indel B 51

41271608265_3407cc4f84_b.jpg

42172129421_22862cc813_b.jpg

A new platform for my FJ is being built. I just need the new fridge slide to finish it.

41451196064_38b363c727_b.jpg

Jet and Cash aren't impressed.

41271609285_ce11af264d_b.jpg

Phase I of the new platform

I have an XL Piranha slide I got from YJeff last year. It is bigger than I need, but tried it anyway. I can send you some dimensions if needed or interested.

I have an XL Piranha slide I got from YJeff last year. It is bigger than I need, but tried it anyway. I can send you some dimensions if needed or interested.

These are the dimensions of the Dometic slide. Those are the exterior dimensions. I wouldn't want anything larger.
Dimensions product depth 22.83"
Dimensions product height 3.11"
Dimensions product width 37.00"

These are the dimensions of the Dometic slide. Those are the exterior dimensions. I wouldn't want anything larger.
Dimensions product depth 22.83"
Dimensions product height 3.11"
Dimensions product width 37.00"
Ill measure it when I get home shortly.

Dang, sweet doggie, that thing's huge! Where are you going to put the rest of your camping stuff like when we were in Death Valley?!?

Nice setup, and the low current draw is pretty impressive.

Dang, sweet doggie, that thing's huge! Where are you going to put the rest of your camping stuff like when we were in Death Valley?!?

Nice setup, and the low current draw is pretty impressive.

The Teardrop has room or my roof rack I guess.

Have you had any issues with this fridge not running while the vehicle is switched off? I have an issue with my 75 cycling power when I am parked. The batteries should be full and I have an aux secondary battery just for the fridge. Any ideas?

Have you had any issues with this fridge not running while the vehicle is switched off? I have an issue with my 75 cycling power when I am parked. The batteries should be full and I have an aux secondary battery just for the fridge. Any ideas?

Sometimes when using the app it shows voltage way lower than actual. I have no idea why. Whether the engine is running or not. The actual voltage is not the issue. I have tested everything. For this reason, I set the battery protection to the lowest level.

Sometimes when using the app it shows voltage way lower than actual. I have no idea why. Whether the engine is running or not. The actual voltage is not the issue. I have tested everything. For this reason, I set the battery protection to the lowest level.

Ok good to know and thanks for the reply. That is interesting to hear that there are issues with the app and the measured voltage. I didn't realize that there was a setting for adjusting the battery sensitivity when I was using it last year. I will try it out at Cruise Moab on the Low setting and see what difference that makes. I have also been wondering if I might need to upgrade to thicker wiring on the rear cigarette lighter I run the fridge from.

Ok good to know and thanks for the reply. That is interesting to hear that there are issues with the app and the measured voltage. I didn't realize that there was a setting for adjusting the battery sensitivity when I was using it last year. I will try it out at Cruise Moab on the Low setting and see what difference that makes. I have also been wondering if I might need to upgrade to thicker wiring on the rear cigarette lighter I run the fridge from.

My wiring is 10 gauge. I used this ARB kit way back when but I have changed the end to an SAE plug vs cigarette.
ARB Wiring Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom