Gear ratio for 44" tire ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what gear set do I need to install in the diff to bring speedo & acceration near normal(?) when running a 44" tire on an elockered 1994 ?

Anybody have a PN ?

what axles are you running? no way the factory front can take a 44.

he said "elockered" thats got to be 80 axles, this guys nuts!

i was talking about the axle shafts inside the factory tube, i guess i should have worded that better.

IMG_1280.JPG
Dug up my old thread, did not realize so many opinions on my sanity. Unfortunately an opinion shared by many.
IMG_1271.JPG

A 5.82, it doesn't exist. 5.29 would be as close as you can get. Acceleration is going to be no where near normal trying to turn 170+lbs of wheel and tire.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said acceleration, in a FJ80

The swap is amazing, but I have not done much beyond progressing to1st start.

It runs and fun to drive, but a lot of ticks and tats remain before I'd be comfortable with much "action". Kind of set this project aside, summer is short and frantic in these parts. Will probably pick it back up in a month or two. Promised to take a friend on a religious pilgrimage to the magic bus this fall, so will need to get it trail worthy by then

The swap is amazing, but I have not done much beyond progressing to1st start.

It runs and fun to drive, but a lot of ticks and tats remain before I'd be comfortable with much "action". Kind of set this project aside, summer is short and frantic in these parts. Will probably pick it back up in a month or two. Promised to take a friend on a religious pilgrimage to the magic bus this fall, so will need to get it trail worthy by then

Lol do it Frank Windust style :joyful:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom