Wanted Gear lever + T-case OUTER boot FJ60 - june 1986 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joa

Threads
Gear lever OUTER boot FJ60 - june 1986 WANTED.

In search of an unripped/un-torn Outer boot which I believe is part# 5828090A04 .

A picture is included.

IMG_6814.JPG

is the boot where it bolts to the floor 4 sided or 5 sided?
in the US, the 1986 should be 5 sided

is the boot where it bolts to the floor 4 sided or 5 sided?
in the US, the 1986 should be 5 sided

Good morning. Lemme check and get back to you. It has been hard to find the correct one. There appears to be several different versions of this outer boot.

Good morning. Lemme check and get back to you. It has been hard to find the correct one. There appears to be several different versions of this outer boot.

this thread shows the later boot setup
pic of the 5 sided assembly used in the later 60 series:

Reactions: Joa
this thread shows the later boot setup
pic of the 5 sided assembly used in the later 60 series:

Thanks! Would you happen to know in what way the 1986 shifter boot is different? Wish I had access to more FJ60s so I could check them out side by side.

Hoping to see what these go for. I’ve got a few on the shelf myself.

Small world. I'm in need of this boot and the Transfer case outer boot. I'd be happy to be second in line or take what JOA passes on. I'm not that picky.

Small world. I'm in need of this boot and the Transfer case outer boot. I'd be happy to be second in line or take what JOA passes on. I'm not that picky.

Good morning MrMacugal! Well....as soon as I lay my hands on some, if you are not picky, I can sell you mine. They cleaned up nicely BUT have 2 horrible rips which I can not live with given the restoration I am slowly doing.

Here are mine side by side. I see the rips every time you look down. ;) Cant live with that.

boots.jpg

I’d be happy to buy those from you. Keep me posted on your search. Thank you @Joa

Edited my search and snapped some more pics -

In need of BOTH Transfercase AND gear boots....One I purchased just came in and has the incorrect hole diameter. Transfercase boot hole has to be approx 1/2 inch (small). Pictures below to help identify what I need:

1) need FJ60 1986 T-case outer boot
2) need FJ60 1986 Gear lever outer boot

Feeling lucky someone will have what I need

IMG_7012-v1.jpg

IMG_7016-v1.jpg

IMG_7017-v1.jpg

Thanks! Would you happen to know in what way the 1986 shifter boot is different? Wish I had access to more FJ60s so I could check them out side by side.

your pic of what you call the base, the hole for the trans has 5 sides, it is not square, the earlier ones were 4 sided and square. the change happened in mid/late 1985
the bolt flange is will match the boot

the transfer boot also changed along with it's bolt flange

your pic of what you call the base, the hole for the trans has 5 sides, it is not square, the earlier ones were 4 sided and square. the change happened in mid/late 1985
the bolt flange is will match the boot

the transfer boot also changed along with it's bolt flange

Interesting. Gotcha. So mine is the 5 sided variation with a transfer case boot with a small 1/2 inch hole. Lets see if the correct Boots pop up. Fingers crossed.

Pretty sure the transfer boot has a inner boot as well as the transmission boot. The transfer case shifter for the fat lever can be found. Skinny is hard to find but those are being made aftermarket.
20220103_140812.jpg

Pretty sure the transfer boot has a inner boot as well as the transmission boot. The transfer case shifter for the fat lever can be found. Skinny is hard to find but those are being made aftermarket.
View attachment 3307686

Good morning. Awesome! So, two questions:

1) Do you have a good looking outer transmission boot you would be willing to sell?
2) Any chance you would have a Skinny outer transfer case boot? I have the inner one already.

Interesting I see the US getting a 4/85-4/86 then a 4/86-8/87 transmission boots. Show only one inspection cover and transmission shifter during that time frame.

Most markets got a carburated 3F starting 11/84. Guessing because of emissions US continued with the 2F until 8/87 when the FJ62 finally started here with the 3FE. 4/85 Toyota did switch to the 3F bellhousing and a H42 with a dummy spacer on the back that equals length of the H55F. This is when the inspection cover and boots changed in the US.

As for parts there are a few members who posted earlier that are either a vendor or regularly sell parts. I'm mainly just a hobbyist who happens to have a boot fetish.

Tells women he has a boot fetish... They are left speechless when he gets them home... "see, told you"

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom