G'day from the new guy and a quick question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day to all thought I had better introudce my self. Im reddog from down under I am the proud owner of a 76 fj45, bourght the truck as a stocker a few years ago only mod was LPG and some 31's on sunrasia rims drove it like that for a while and was pretty happy with the old girl, but me been me I couldnt resist the call of the angle grinder and welder so here I am the place where all good cruisers go to be cut up.
At the moment I have fitted a 3F motor to replace the origimal F and a 5 speed out of a 60 series the 60 also supplied 35 inch mud tyres, front and rear diffs the rear coming with an ARB air locker including compressor.
Now I did have 55 series front diff sprung over with the 75 series swivel hubs on the front with disk brakes and up the back a 75 series diff housing with 55 diff center sprung over.
I also had a 60 power steering box with 75 pitman arm.
Allthough this worked fine I couldnt resist putting th 60 diffs under. Why, they are a bit wider and a bit stronger and the angle grinder was getting a bit dusty.
Now I dont have any problems with spring overing the rear diff but the front has been a hole lot of fun. Since the springs had to be windend 35mm I decided to do a shackle reversal as well, I have reused the original hangers but have widend the front with a peice of 6mm thick U chanel, up the back I have tripple guseted the shackle hanger using 8mm plate. I am going to leave the springs turned around millitary wrap at front on fixed hanger because I like the approach angle.
Arfter all that here is my qiuck question. Has anyone repositiond there shackle hangers and later had them brake, or am I just been parinoid:eek:

I would love to run it but first I need an engineer to certify it. Does any body know of one in the wollongong/sydney area that knows about 4x4's I have spoken to a couple already 1 said he won't certify spring overs because they are to dangerous another said it would cost AU$350 just to look at the vehicle then $350 for each mod ie 1.SOA front 2.SOA rear 3.SR 4.power steering box 5.steering shaft 6.front disk brakes 7. 5 speed 8.rear brakes 9. hand brake moved to rear axle 10. engine swap and there is probably some others as well, Thats $3850!!!!!:crybaby: at least, there has got to be someone that will do the whole lot for less than that. If I cant afford to get it certified I will have to sell it off as parts and I would not be happy :mad:

Check with the guys on the outerlimits4x4 board. You might get some assistance there. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom