G'day from the new guy and a quick question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by reddogfj45, Mar 3, 2007.

1. reddogfj45

reddogfj45

G'day to all thought I had better introudce my self. Im reddog from down under I am the proud owner of a 76 fj45, bourght the truck as a stocker a few years ago only mod was LPG and some 31's on sunrasia rims drove it like that for a while and was pretty happy with the old girl, but me been me I couldnt resist the call of the angle grinder and welder so here I am the place where all good cruisers go to be cut up.
    At the moment I have fitted a 3F motor to replace the origimal F and a 5 speed out of a 60 series the 60 also supplied 35 inch mud tyres, front and rear diffs the rear coming with an ARB air locker including compressor.
    Now I did have 55 series front diff sprung over with the 75 series swivel hubs on the front with disk brakes and up the back a 75 series diff housing with 55 diff center sprung over.
    I also had a 60 power steering box with 75 pitman arm.
    Allthough this worked fine I couldnt resist putting th 60 diffs under. Why, they are a bit wider and a bit stronger and the angle grinder was getting a bit dusty.
    Now I dont have any problems with spring overing the rear diff but the front has been a hole lot of fun. Since the springs had to be windend 35mm I decided to do a shackle reversal as well, I have reused the original hangers but have widend the front with a peice of 6mm thick U chanel, up the back I have tripple guseted the shackle hanger using 8mm plate. I am going to leave the springs turned around millitary wrap at front on fixed hanger because I like the approach angle.
    Arfter all that here is my qiuck question. Has anyone repositiond there shackle hangers and later had them brake, or am I just been parinoid:eek:

2. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    lots of people reuse their junk. run it

3. reddogfj45

reddogfj45

I would love to run it but first I need an engineer to certify it. Does any body know of one in the wollongong/sydney area that knows about 4x4's I have spoken to a couple already 1 said he won't certify spring overs because they are to dangerous another said it would cost AU$350 just to look at the vehicle then $350 for each mod ie 1.SOA front 2.SOA rear 3.SR 4.power steering box 5.steering shaft 6.front disk brakes 7. 5 speed 8.rear brakes 9. hand brake moved to rear axle 10. engine swap and there is probably some others as well, Thats $3850!!!!!:crybaby: at least, there has got to be someone that will do the whole lot for less than that. If I cant afford to get it certified I will have to sell it off as parts and I would not be happy :mad:

4. Rocinante

Rocinante

Check with the guys on the outerlimits4x4 board. You might get some assistance there. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.