Gazelle T4 tent $188 - Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If timing works out, I'd like to take advantage of the pickup at the Christmas party.

Given the fact that I threw my tent out after GSMTR, I may NEED to pick it up at the Christmas party or else I'll be sleeping in the Tundra. :grinpimp:

I want this story...

Well, on Wednesday at GSMTR it rained.....a LOT. My trusty Coleman tent was not quite as up to the task as I had hoped. That night, I woke up to the sounds of part of my jerry rigged EZ-up collecting water, which meant it was minutes from collapsing. So, I got to my feet and realized that my feet were both under water.....in my tent. A small pond had formed inside my tent and I was about ankle-deep. Not having time to worry about it, I went outside to tend to the EZ-up before it became an EZ-down. Let's just say that standing in a downpour in flip-flops and your skivvies pushing a giant bubble of water over the side of the canopy and having it splash all over you at 4am......not pleasant. After re-jerry-rigging it, I stepped back into my tent with it's new "water feature" and crawled back into my remarkably dry-ish sleeping bag and hoped that the EZ-up held. I spent part of the next day (after the rain finally stopped) pulling everything out of the tent and laying it across the Tundra to dry it out and then moving the tent to a dryer spot and toweling it out. Fortunately, it didn't rain anymore after that.

So that's it. It was an old, cheap Coleman, but it lasted me several years. This was the first time that water really got into it, but oooohh boy did water get in this time. A couple of the guys at GSMTR had the Gazelle and swore by them, so I jumped on this group buy early and didn't even bother unpacking the Coleman, may it RIP. :)

Last edited:
UPDATE: order submitted! The rep said the pallets will go on the truck(s) 11/17 and speculates an RDU/CLT delivery, Friday 11/20. @fourtrax @pkniland the truck drivers will have your numbers. They should be calling you day-of delivery.

Last edited:
Any chance we could shift mine to Greenville. If not no biggie. I am up for either road trip.

Any chance we could shift mine to Greenville. If not no biggie. I am up for either road trip.
see if someone from Greenville will pick it up , if not I'll get it as planned

Ill try to catch up with you whenever is convenient for you, im in the Frederick area.
I'll get a group PM going with all of the VA/DC/MD (any PA?) folks once I have the tents in hand so that we can figure out what works best for distribution. Looks like I'll get to Gainesville around 12/6/20 or 12/13/20.

@thisisbrian Do you already have plans to get yours to GVL? Looks like this would make a total of 3 we need to get to town. Thought I'd see what you were planning before I made arrangements.

Right now it is set up in Charlotte. We did not have a Greenville batch when I planned on Charlotte. either one works though.

Not even going to try and coordinate anything till I know the tents are here. Freight delivery times are a quess. had a freight company call just last Friday morning and Said they would be there between 2:00 and 5:00 they didn't show up till Monday at 3:30.

Not even going to try and coordinate anything till I know the tents are here. Freight delivery times are a quess. had a freight company call just last Friday morning and Said they would be there between 2:00 and 5:00 they didn't show up till Monday at 3:30.

Any update? Usually I get calls the day before on delivery from my transport companies.

no update or contact yet. :(

Nothing on my end either

UPDATE: The pallets still have not shipped yet. Gazelle is citing Covid spikes in the area and employee shortages. I am waiting to hear back with an ETA

Makes sense. Covid spikes and online shopping volumes have increased. All my UPS deliveries the last couple of weeks have been private contractors, one in a Q5. Let's hope it's not on a Swift truck when it does leave or I might have to go to Deal's Gap with a trailer and get the pallets. :p
1605970146000.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom