Gave the new suspension a workout today (awesome pics inside) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
Had to make this somehow tech related, but mostly this is for the awesome shots we got. The ride quality has been vastly improved post-lift. No more getting your spine jackhammered on these tame trails. Body roll in street driving is all but eliminated. Overall, feels much more tank-like. I love it.

Now for the pics :D Taken on various parts of the trail covering the face of Mt. Timpanogos

My uncle and his boys joined us in his '06 Tundra. Said he misses his FZJ80 of course :hillbilly:
IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

Wicked view of Utah Valley
IMG_0351.JPG

Took this purely for the sake of making it my Facebook picture
IMG_0354.JPG

Another cool shot with that peak
IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

Let my dad drive so I could get some action shots
IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

The view was like this all the way around us
IMG_0366.JPG

This is my favorite shot, taken from the one hill the Tundra couldn't get up. The Cruiser didn't even struggle in the slightest
IMG_0373.JPG

Easy trail, epic view. The rig couldn't have run better, my little brother enjoyed the ride getting bounced around in the back, and my dad finally got to see the hills again since my mom won't let him touch her 100-series. Heh. :grinpimp:

If anyone wants high-resolution files for wallpapers and crap, I've got 'em.

So did you ever flex it out?

Great scenery! just giving you a hard time for all the level ground shots. From the title I thought we'd see you crossing a ditch or at least a curb at the mall. :D BRUCE is lookin good!

trying to get my brother to look at the ironman setup.

Last edited:
So did you ever flex it out?

Great scenery! just giving you a hard time for all the level ground shots. From the title I thought we'd see you crossing a ditch or at least a curb at the mall. :D

Never did flex it... It was a pretty tame trail. There wasn't even a ditch... Picked up plenty of treebranch pinstripes though. Hardcore, right?

Looks good
Now you need to ditch that damage multiplier I mean brush gaurd

How old are you?
You look like you are about 16 for gods sake
Man I feel old

Heh. 18.5, I leave for college tomorrow... And yes, a MetalTech bumper is high on my list of things to do :D

What's that rear swing-out tire setup? I'm sure the more experienced 80 folks recognize it but I'm not familiar. Looks very handy. ARB?

Awesome pics btw. Makes me wish I lived in Utah.

Never did flex it... It was a pretty tame trail. There wasn't even a ditch... Picked up plenty of treebranch pinstripes though. Hardcore, right?

the title of your thread is very misleading. you are going to be blown away at what your truck can do if you ever make it to a challenging trail. i only say this because i hit some tough trails in my 80 over the weekend and was amazed at how well it did.

the title of your thread is very misleading. you are going to be blown away at what your truck can do if you ever make it to a challenging trail. i only say this because i hit some tough trails in my 80 over the weekend and was amazed at how well it did.

You guys are missing the point. He is 18 and headed off to college with a Cruiser that can get into the hills with amazing views of the city. Girls first :grinpimp:

well if thats your goal then you can fit a nice sized air mattress in the back with the seats removed.:D

And i get it now. I went to college my freshman year with my '78 turbo regal and came back second semester with the familes cheep cherocar. served my interests much better at the time.

What's that rear swing-out tire setup? I'm sure the more experienced 80 folks recognize it but I'm not familiar. Looks very handy. ARB?

Custom built :) I took a welding class just so I could make something for my rig. Which reminds me I STILL need to post measurements...

I have no doubts about this thing's capability. I've seen this thing take on some serious stuff. 13 years ago, when we first bought it for my mom (stock as can be), on the way back from picking it up my dad took it up the canyon with the whole family in it and sent it up some pretty much vertical hills. On tiny tires and stock suspension. Totally ate that stuff alive and scared the piss out of my mom. Hilarious.

And yes my back seats are out :D

The only problem is... I'm not taking it :crybaby: It'll stay at home under a nice cover but campus is so small there's really no need and I'll just be focusing on classes...

10 bux says thats a lie and you will realize that by november :grinpimp:

Weeeellll I'm trying to be somewhat responsible with my time.......... But you're probably right :D And when that happens, I'll get Bruce out of the garage and put the campus auto shop to my advantage and do some castor correction. Freeway driving today wasn't a treat, lemme tell ya.

Ok, so please summarize.. Iron man 2", doetsch (model #s), did you do end up doing any caster correction? I'm getting close to going with the iron man, and it think i want the foam cell (backordered on camel4x4) and cc bushings (dunno which degree foe sure)

Looks awesome!

I had my 80 for my last 3 years of college, i cant count how many times i took chicks to spots most cant get to. Its crazy the different reactions you get out of different girls climbing very steep hills or getting a foot of water in the cab.

Good Times!

Ok, so please summarize.. Iron man 2", doetsch (model #s), did you do end up doing any caster correction? I'm getting close to going with the iron man, and it think i want the foam cell (backordered on camel4x4) and cc bushings (dunno which degree foe sure)

Looks awesome!

Yup, IronMan 2", Doetsch 8000-series. You'll probably like the foam cells (Nitrochargers?) The Doetsch are cheaper, but they're just a little too soft for my taste. I like a stiffer ride. I needs caster correction for sure... Just pick up some adjustable bushings and you'll be good to go.

... Its crazy the different reactions you get out of different girls climbing very steep hills or getting a foot of water in the cab.

Good Times!

This is a story I need to hear.

I had my 80 for my last 3 years of college, i cant count how many times i took chicks to spots most cant get to. Its crazy the different reactions you get out of different girls climbing very steep hills or getting a foot of water in the cab.

Good Times!

it's also good for college parking lots.... just add pillows :grinpimp:

Hey, would you mind linking to a Google Maps location where you enter this are off of the asphalt? I'd be curious to go up there this fall. Thanks.

Looks like a great trip. Excellent pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom