Gauging interest: TEQ windshield sun visors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
So since I have a new OEM dash pad installed, I want to preserve it and protect it from the sun and heat. I thought it'd be cool to have a sun visor with a big TEQ logo on it, so I looked into custom prints and found a shop that'll do it, but they need a minimum order of 25 which makes the final price after shipping $434 bucks. I'd still like one and if I can sell the rest at $20 a pop to justify the expense I'll go for it. They're 54" x 28", white with a black TEQ emblem.

Just wanting to see if anyone would be interested and how many.

Screenshot_20200521-135926~01.png

would it make your truck a target because it’s so unique? I don’t know just asking. I like it though
I would hope not, but it's a risk taken with any modified vehicle that's desirable. That said, I want to install a GPS tracker of some sort so I can find it should it ever get stolen, and a hidden kill switch that I can install to help prevent theft.

What would the screen be made out of ?

Good idea that will likely sell - if it's a decent quality shade. A $20 shade can be more annoying than a hot car interior. I got a Covercraft (from advice here) for $60 with no regrets.

What would the screen be made out of ?
It says corrugated cardboard on the site. What I don't know is if that's a core material that a coating is put over (like the parts stores ones) or just raw cardboard. At $16 + shipping per unit, I would expect it's a core material with the white/printed material over it. There is a higher quality silver option that's actually cheaper per unit, but they require a minimum order of 100 for it and even though they'd be much cheaper each (by almost two thirds), that'd be just over a $600 expenditure that I couldn't realistically risk when all I'm wanting is one for myself and then to recoup the cost of the rest of the minimum order.

I'd take a couple or three.

I don't think you'd have much trouble selling 25 or so, minus your take.

I'd take a couple or three.

I don't think you'd have much trouble selling 25 or so, minus your take.
I asked what the deal is with the cardboard on the first ones I had quoted. Also asked for a quote for the actual silver ones, so curious what I hear back. If the first ones are a covered cardboard I'll go for it. If they're raw printed cardboard I'll see if I can drum up more interest to possibly order the silver ones.

So since I have a new OEM dash pad installed, I want to preserve it and protect it from the sun and heat. I thought it'd be cool to have a sun visor with a big TEQ logo on it, so I looked into custom prints and found a shop that'll do it, but they need a minimum order of 25 which makes the final price after shipping $434 bucks. I'd still like one and if I can sell the rest at $20 a pop to justify the expense I'll go for it. They're 54" x 28", white with a black TEQ emblem.

Just wanting to see if anyone would be interested and how many.

View attachment 2314355
my already cracked 3 month after I installed it

my already cracked 3 month after I installed it
Yikes I hope that doesn't end up being the case with mine. $400 would really piss me off to have a new pad crack.

@Spook50 any updates on this?
Unfortunately I had to rearrange my finances when I lost my job (the corporation that bought us out used Covid as an excuse, but they gutted 3/4 of the old company between that round and another round of downsizing, like many of us predicted when they first bought us out late last year). Unfortunately, because my state's economy has been in the toilet I haven't found work since then so haven't been able to put forward any extra money for my other side ventures (including a couple experimental parts for my voltage regulator project, and restoring my old lathe for my blower motor project). Once I find work again I'll be able to squirrel away some money to do this and a few other things.

As it turned out though the silver ones are the best way to go, so that'll be what I do once I do something with this.

Unfortunately I had to rearrange my finances when I lost my job (the corporation that bought us out used Covid as an excuse, but they gutted 3/4 of the old company between that round and another round of downsizing, like many of us predicted when they first bought us out late last year). Unfortunately, because my state's economy has been in the toilet I haven't found work since then so haven't been able to put forward any extra money for my other side ventures (including a couple experimental parts for my voltage regulator project, and restoring my old lathe for my blower motor project). Once I find work again I'll be able to squirrel away some money to do this and a few other things.

As it turned out though the silver ones are the best way to go, so that'll be what I do once I do something with this.

Sorry to hear that man, sun visors are definitely not a priority when things are tight. I hope something works out soon!

Translation: "Toyota Genuine Parts"

Kinda a sad reminder that they don't exist anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom