Gauging Interest in TRD Super Charger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A buddy of mine has a good relationship with TRD. I asked if he thought TRD would consider running a batch of supercharger kits as part of a group buy. He thought they might (might being the operative word here). I would anticipate that cost would be, at a minimum, no less than their last List Price. I have no idea how many kits it would require to peak the interest of TRD but thought what the hell, why not ask and see who might be interested.

If interested...post up!

Last edited:
Interested. Not overly optimistic, but it's worth a shot. Thanks for pursuing.

Optimistic goes along with naive here. Yes, interested.

I'd be interested.

I'm sure you're right. That would never happen. But at least if they knew there was a demand maybe they would still consider producing them.

I'm sure you're right. That would never happen. But at least if they knew there was a demand maybe they would still consider producing them.

As Dan has stated many times (backed by his 35 years of being a Toyota parts guy), once a part goes discontinued, it never comes back.

:meh:

Last edited:
It aint gonna happen. Especially if the tooling needs to be replaced like I think it may.

IF it were to happen I'm sure it would take a PRE-SOLD run of at least 50 and the price would be significantly higher than the last published price.

I don't see that many people spending at least 4 grand on a 70 pound box full of aluminum and plastic to put it on a vehicle that is worth less than that box.

IF they would do it, it would be through my friend who is a TRD dealer. it would not be a "direct to the public" type deal.

I'm being realistic here in that I highly doubt this will go anywhere. However, having said that I feel the need to give it a shot.

Please, can we leave this thread to responses of interest only? I'd at least like to get a ballpark number of interested parties I can forward so the question could at least be asked.

Thanks!

My long-term goal has been to SC the 80. Been saving up money, but just waited too long. :bang:
The death of that plan has had me thinking about replacing the 80 instead.:(

I'd buy one if the price were relatively close to the old price.

Maybe someone will come up with a turbo "kit" for diy install...:cheers:

In the long term, yes. I am interested. But not in the immediate future. Reason being I am very happy with the highway mileage on 35's and stock gears and can stand the time it takes to get up to speed. But with a move to 37's being likely I will be looking for some more power while retaining stock gearing for an even better highway experience.

I don't see that many people spending at least 4 grand on a 70 pound box full of aluminum and plastic to put it on a vehicle that is worth less than that box.

Hatin' on the Eighty....never thought I'd see the day.

Bahahaha.

How many Tree-Fiddys does $4k buy?

There are still some crazies out there that have ten times the speculated SC purchase price "invested" in their 80s, that'd like to have the SC.

Idealistic idiots with scarred hands, replacing plank after plank on Theseus' ship, using wood from the same sources from which the original came.

Dunno if $200k worth of 'em, but betting a few, now and later on, that'd drop the cash for.

Still contend the 1FZ is an ideal swap candidate and once the H55 marriage is complete, be seeing more (I hope!!) nestling in vintage Cruisers, all of those completely insane and funded.

The thought of lining up next to a more modern rice burner, piloted by a pimple faced, anorexic, punk kid wearing skinny jeans with Borla's a blazin', and smokin' his ass in whatever flavor, MT tired Cruiser, with an "OE"-ish SCd I6 is too alluring for some of the same idiots to not lighten the ol' wallet by a couple Ks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom