Gauging interest in selling/trading my ’82 Hilux SR5 Short Bed 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OffRoad Rage

Dry Roasted in the Desert
SILVER Star
Threads
I’m completely focused on getting my 40 to a wheeling state so I’m realizing my bandwidth is thin enough that this project won’t get the love it needs for a while. Thought I’d test the waters to see what interest, if any, there might be. Ideally, I’d like to find a trade partner with someone that has a 40 project that isn’t a concourse restoration candidate. Read: Something in a condition that can be build into a more aggressive wheeler (trimmed body, possibly stretched) that won’t enrage the purists. Otherwise I'd just sell it outright.
Sept24_2015 Download 2326 (2).jpg

Sept24_2015 Download 2328 (2).jpg

History:
Bought this about 5 years ago as a non-runner. Found the engine was not turning but when I got into it I realize it had been rebuild but never run. You can see how clean it was when I opened it up in the top end (I did no additional cleaning). One piston ring was sticking to the side. I freed it, rehoned the cylinder and put it back together, well, mostly back together. I need to finish bolting up the intake. I used an Engine Builder gasket set (highly recommended from the 22R world). I also have another 22R that I bought as a low mileage (rebuilt) backup which I’d include it in any package deal. It’s a short bed, 5 spd, AC, PS, PB, truck. Needs some freshening up of the dash but seats are good and overall the interior is decent (picks coming).
Sept24_2015 Download 1829.jpg
Sept24_2015 Download 1835.jpg
Sept24_2015 Download 2068.jpg
Sept24_2015 Download 2599.jpg
Sept24_2015 Download 2574.jpg

I’m not greedy but in researching the market here on MUD and elsewhere I see lots of these (especially short beds) going for some pretty good money. Granted this still needs some work to make it really nice, but like your neighbor that sells their house above market value, it can’t hurt. I’d like to keep this as a local deal so I thought I’d post and see if any one here or friends of CSC members might be interested. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking,
-Norm

Cool rig. PM'd

Updated with more pictures. If you have a specific request for a picture not seen let me know. Only real rust is in the bed - a few places on the floor, a couple near the wheel wells, and then on the seam between the rail and bedside. All cosmetic except for one nickel size bubble on the side. underside is clean, dry, and rust free.

Hilux Pic 56.jpg
Hilux Pic 54.jpg
Hilux Pic 50.jpg
Hilux Pic 49.jpg

Hilux Pic 22.jpg

Last edited:
Hilux Pic 28.jpg
Hilux Pic 41.jpg
Hilux Pic 25.jpg
HiluxPic 16.jpg
Hilux Pic 12.jpg

Some of the interior has been re-done at some point. It's missing the glove box and console, needs some dash panels too. Pic of the other 22R that I have too.
Hilux Pic 59.jpg
Hilux 22R Pic 4.jpg
Hilux Pic 19.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom