Gauging interest - 80 series Cloth Seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
I have been approached by a few mudders asking if I could offer cloth seat covers kits for the 80 series, since the norm has always been Leather covers I hadnt really thought about offering a cloth option. So I wanted to see if there was some interest in these and the reasoning behind not going the leather route. I reached out to my Leather supplier and they said they can develop a set of cloth seat covers if need be. So my question is what colors in Cloth would you be interested in and do you have any pictures of your cloth interiors.

Let me know your thoughts.

Update 03/07/2017

Covers are for sale.. Land Cruiser Heaven 80 Series CLOTH Seat Covers

Last edited:
I'd like to replace my leather with cloth if that was available.

I would like to replace the leather with cloth as well - tan / beige color

Frankly Frank, I would love a cloth interior that is accurate for color (the grey) but tweed fabric with no vinyl to be found and available for power seats. I'd buy it over the leather any day. If it had the recessed strips - even better. If you go this route can you also make it available for the door trim and center console lid?

i'd also like to see tweed or canvas type seat fabric (i'm not an upholsterer, lol), i would certainly consider it when deciding which ones to get...

the filson seats in the AEV jeep are pretty fantastic, but you wouldn't need to do any leather

just a classy two tone tweed would probably looks amazing

19fklamrxz4yhjpg.jpg

the chilewich ones icon does look fantastic as well

icon-fj40-baja-front-seat.jpg

I have cloth manual seats right now which I love, but as I am getting ready to redo foam I want to recover as the cloth is showing it's years. If I could recover in cloth that would be my first choice. 2nd choice is leaving original covers on, 3rd is moving to leather - if that's even an option for manual seats?

I have manual seats that have been recovered in leather-apparently at the dealer- and would love to go back to cloth seats. I hate the leather, although it appears to be a very good job. I have just always preferred cloth seats. I like the velour material myself but would take canvas or tweed over leather any day.

Any idea on a ballpark price for a set in tan?

Frankly Frank, I would love a cloth interior that is accurate for color (the grey) but tweed fabric with no vinyl to be found and available for power seats. I'd buy it over the leather any day. If it had the recessed strips - even better. If you go this route can you also make it available for the door trim and center console lid?

If I go this route, the center console lid will have a cloth type cover, and will offer the fabric to recover the side door panels. I am working on the recessed strips as well. I am waiting to receive back the cloth color swatches and we can see what we can make available.

I have cloth manual seats right now which I love, but as I am getting ready to redo foam I want to recover as the cloth is showing it's years. If I could recover in cloth that would be my first choice. 2nd choice is leaving original covers on, 3rd is moving to leather - if that's even an option for manual seats?

With Land Cruiser Heaven, leather/cloth is an option for both manual and power seats.

I have manual seats that have been recovered in leather-apparently at the dealer- and would love to go back to cloth seats. I hate the leather, although it appears to be a very good job. I have just always preferred cloth seats. I like the velour material myself but would take canvas or tweed over leather any day.

Any idea on a ballpark price for a set in tan?

I dont want to speculate as off yet, but I would presume in the deluxe and premium price range on our current offerings. Check us out @ www.landcruiserheaven.com

I'd be interested in grey cloth for manual seats. Mine are decent, but they'll wear out eventually.

Looking at the LCH website I only see leather seat covers, and only for 94+?

I have OEM cloth and they look brand new, wear-wise. Amazing really. And not cold in the winter!

Looking at the LCH website I only see leather seat covers, and only for 94+?

The cloth arent on there yet just trying to test the waters and see what the interest is like.

I have OEM cloth and they look brand new, wear-wise. Amazing really. And not cold in the winter!
Sure, rub it in wydoncha....:flipoff2:

The cloth arent on there yet just trying to test the waters and see what the interest is like.
Gotcha. For me it is dependent on price. Mine are faded and the patterns not great, but if the replacement is too spendy I will make due with what I have.

Even my faded, kind of ugly cloth seats beat leather ;)

I prefer cloth over leather. I'm interested. I have manual seats but they were recovered with leather. Would be nice to get back to the cloth.
If you have cloth seats in good condition (henrymski) throw up a picture. I would be great to see what mine originally came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom