Gauges in JDM overhead console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 6bt conversion 80 series. Currently the EGT, boost, and oil temp gauges are on the a-post. They are pretty bright and distracting at night. The tri gauge pod on the a post is not a great fit either, so I am looking for other mounting solutions. I purchased a JDM overhead console, pictured, that I would like to try to use to mount them in. Has anyone gone this route before? What gauges did you use? Ideally I think a combo digital gauge would be great but I really don't know where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

20191011_173550.jpg

I replaced the alti metre on mine with a vdo external temp gauge.
Had to trim the living daylight out of it..

I've been trying to think of a good solution for a while now, and I don't really like anything that I've come up with. I'll probably just end up mounting them down low where the center console and dash sort of meet. There is a thread on here somewhere with photos of where people have put gauges in their 80. I debated the overhead option as well, but I figured running the wires, and making the holder look good would take more effort than it would be worth.

*edit: Here's the thread I was thinking of:

It's not actually specific to the 80 series though.

It’s a pretty small opening, one of those display screens may be better than a traditional gauge
I've been trying to think of a good solution for a while now, and I don't really like anything that I've come up with. I'll probably just end up mounting them down low where the center console and dash sort of meet. There is a thread on here somewhere with photos of where people have put gauges in their 80. I debated the overhead option as well, but I figured running the wires, and making the holder look good would take more effort than it would be worth.

*edit: Here's the thread I was thinking of:

It's not actually specific to the 80 series though.

Yeah I was hoping to find something with a flat digital screen that could be made to fit in this spot. I don't want to try and fit three round traditional style gauges. I am hoping someone has some experience with a newer gauge type.

Something like this would be nice.

I was going to put an OLED up there with GPS data (heading, coords, speed, time, etc). Finding displays that fit is tough, even as a 100% diy project. I think anything you do is going to require custom mounting on your part. My approach would probably be some smoked glass to hide all the hacky mounting stuff I do in the box, but still be able to see the lighted portions of the OLED.

Im interested to see what you come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom