Gauges... EGT, Boost then? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m a pretty big fan of these SPA Dual Gauges. I run these in my Td5 and 2L-TII.
They come in a lot of different options/combos to read whatever you desire.
Both a accurate and rugged.

30E5CE43-4D20-4B82-B62A-87FB454805DD.png

56EBD3F5-3E62-4C1C-9EDE-30FFF1ABDB14.jpeg

AB76BB4B-E249-46E2-8154-10EA9C12660B.png

@coldtaco I am digging your gauge game, you mean business, the coolest one is the aux tank, was that factory or did you add it?

I like info. Wish someone could come up with more accurate guages to replace the factory ones and keep the factory look. But the factory ones work fine once you get to know where they sit normally, then if something looks out of place, heads up.

View attachment 1762981

Do you find that Westach dual gauge hard to read?

Are the yellow and red zones on that EGT gauge "appropriate" to our 13bt setups?

Also if we are installing boost controllers and EGT gauges to monitor corresponding temps, wouldn't one need/want a boost gauge? Process = adjust boost, note new boost levels, monitor corresponding affect on EGT, dial in as needed.

I know where the tcase ahifter is, but that might be near my limit. Unlike an old dog I can learn new tricks.

Thanks!

Are the yellow and red zones on that EGT gauge "appropriate" to our 13bt setups?

Also if we are installing boost controllers and EGT gauges to monitor corresponding temps, wouldn't one need/want a boost gauge? Process = adjust boost, note new boost levels, monitor corresponding affect on EGT, dial in as needed.

I know where the tcase ahifter is, but that might be near my limit. Unlike an old dog I can learn new tricks.

Thanks!

Premise #1. I've had a boost gauge installed in every turbocharged Land Cruiser I've owned.
The point I was trying to convey, perhaps unsuccessfully, was that given limited space (for example, you only have room for 2-3 gauges) the boost gauge is perhaps the least important in my opinion. Any good diesel shop can "tune" a turbo /
Intercooler setup using a "temporary" boost gauge. I would think (again assuming limited space) that a pyrometer, water temp, & perhaps oil pressure gauges would be more important.

(My previous setup .... below)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Obviously I had an automatic transmission. I've never trusted Toyota's water temp. gauges and have zero faith in the transmission temp. dummy light.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom