GAUGE CLUSTER BULB SOCKET FILM DAMAGED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the bulb lighting up the tachometer is not lighting up. I finally got around to swapping the bulb but it didnt work. I moved that bulb to a different socket to confirm it is working properly, so I know the bulb is working. i actually got it to flicker for a second as i was moving it around but that was it.

Upon closer inspection, it appears the film around bulb socket is slightly ripped. i tried massaging it back around the socket but still wouldnt light up. it appears whatever metallic material (copper?) thats embedded into the film is now broken and doesnt have any continuity.

Has anyone ever ''repaired'' this area? is there anything i can put in there to get it to work? thought about putting the tiniest spec of aluminum foil in there but didnt want to risk frying the entire thing.

Looked into buying a used cluster off ebay to harvest the rear film but damn they are like 250 bucks...so I guess while Im in here...if anyone has a gauge cluster they want to sell cheap so I can swap over that rear film let me knowwwww.

250 is going to be the cheapest. you didn't take a picture of the trace did you?

@jerryb dang i should have. I had the cluster out again last night to take another look. theres definately a rip/dislocation on the film around the socket hole. I had it out to put a small square of tin foil but chickened out. Definately not worth the $250 haha. its only slightly dim in that one section. basically upper left hand corner of the tach display is slightly dim. the rest of the cluster lights up perfectly. hoping i will forget about it but my ocd has different plans.

Solder a small gauge bridge wire between the broken pieces

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom