Gasket for reverse light? 1973 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone carry a gasket for the reverse light on a 1973 FJ40 or will I need to come up with my own solution? I've searched everywhere I can think of and haven't had any luck.

Thanks.

Being the owner of a '73, which is a one year only model, I'd say you're going to have to make your own gasket.

You will not find anything new … nor reproduced afaik

U can pickup rubber sheets from hardware store … or be lucky enough to get a whole spare from a mud member $$$

Do not think u will find anyone will to part with just a gasket of the 73’

Mark has been known to have stashed of things that he will sell to members who make larger purchases from him… most likely he still has boxes of the 73’ lights just dying for a new owner ;)

@65swb45

I purchased a sheet closed cell foam from a craft store to make a gasket this winter for my 73 reverse light. It comes in different thickness. It should work well since Louie is a sunny day vehicle only. The gasket will be more about having the chrome fit tightly to the lens vs. keeping water out.

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize that this 73 was a one-off model year. It makes more sense why I can't find some little things like this online.

I'll head to the craft store and get some material to make my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom