Gas vent hoses - rear cargo area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This topic has been beaten to a pulp but I cannot find a specific size for each hose.

Why? Well I want to relocate that assy. To the other side near the rear of the truck by the taillight.. I want to install my amplifiers in that area..

The hoses are original and look dry and I don’t want to move anything without replacements…just in case of that dreadful “oh $dam” moment as it so often happens.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

A733B7F5-F511-46DF-B3DD-1E926FC1FD9A.jpeg

@cruisermatt may be able to help you here? He sells the full replacement kit for the bottom side of that, under the truck. From what I understand the area you are looking at has a few versions and hose sizes depending on year.

It seems likely to me that you're going to need longer hoses regardless. Since the assembly is right there and can be removed in 5 minutes, why not yank it out and take it down to your local auto parts store to find a match? :meh:

Also, if you're that worried about the hoses cracking when you move them, maybe they're due for replacement anyway?

The OE hoses are likely metric, so it will be matter of finding the closest standard one that fits.

The device is a vapor separator. It separates any entrained liquid from fuel vapor before capturing the vapor in the charcoal canister. I think for it to work properly any liquid needs to be able to freely drain back into the fuel tank. The separator is located more or less directly above several ports on top of the fuel tank. If you move the separator to the other quarter panel I think you would have a hard time routing the hoses so there are no low spots, etc.

I think it would be easier to install your amplifier in the other quarter panel, or under one of the front seats.

1672449207257.png

This topic has been beaten to a pulp but I cannot find a specific size for each hose.

Why? Well I want to relocate that assy. To the other side near the rear of the truck by the taillight.. I want to install my amplifiers in that area..

The hoses are original and look dry and I don’t want to move anything without replacements…just in case of that dreadful “oh $dam” moment as it so often happens.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

View attachment 3205353
@cruisermatt may be able to help you here? He sells the full replacement kit for the bottom side of that, under the truck. From what I understand the area you are looking at has a few versions and hose sizes depending on year.
It seems likely to me that you're going to need longer hoses regardless. Since the assembly is right there and can be removed in 5 minutes, why not yank it out and take it down to your local auto parts store to find a match? :meh:

Also, if you're that worried about the hoses cracking when you move them, maybe they're due for replacement anyway?

The OE hoses are likely metric, so it will be matter of finding the closest standard one that fits.
The device is a vapor separator. It separates any entrained liquid from fuel vapor before capturing the vapor in the charcoal canister. I think for it to work properly any liquid needs to be able to freely drain back into the fuel tank. The separator is located more or less directly above several ports on top of the fuel tank. If you move the separator to the other quarter panel I think you would have a hard time routing the hoses so there are no low spots, etc.

I think it would be easier to install your amplifier in the other quarter panel, or under one of the front seats.

View attachment 3205917

ok ,

so here is the 411 you all should know and consider :

LINK's also below too

@cruisermatt has created a All inclusive all OEM parts problem solver plug and play kit form product for some of the thread starters concerns outlined above in Post #1

and a filler neck hose kit too ...

Last edited:
My hose kit is only for the hoses on the exterior of the vehicle. There are a few minor differences on the interior hoses and I would like to do these kits as well so owners can get the correct hoses for their year. However they frequently are in good shape since not being exposed to the elements so it’s a low-demand part.

As for sizes there are a few threads already with info if you want to use generic hose and cut to fit

@cruisermatt , ok so you've got the rubber hose n tube part covered, might you be able to point me in the direction of the filler neck n bulkhead fitting for the vent lines? mine are $h!t n i don't feel like fabbing new ones. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom