Gas/Throttle Pedal ID Help Requested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone tell me what application this throttle pedal would be from?

I am working on my 3FE swap into a FJ-55. This current pedal pictured rides too high and is uncomfortable for my knee.

I thought this one came from the same '88 62 that the 3FE came from, and hooks to the 3FE cable, but in trying to purchase another 62 gas pedal to modify my set-up, that one looks quite different...

I see that the 1968 to 9/72 and 9/72 to 9/73 40s and 55s had cable throttles, but not sure this looks like any of them...

Any ideas?

img_4673-jpg.939492

I would say it's a modified late model pedal. Notice that it's going through the oval boot for a bellcrank-style carb linkage. Notice also that the top portion is painted. I think somebody welded on the pad for something and painted it to prevent rust.

Last edited:
Cropped and brightened it up a little.

temp1.jpg

just cut some arm out of it;) looks eerily similar to the pedal in my 55...maybe an AM pedal for weber carb conversions?

just cut some arm out of it;) looks eerily similar to the pedal in my 55...maybe an AM pedal for weber carb conversions?

Yes, or maybe just bend it down some. I don't think I need it shorter. Just not sure if I'll be able to hit WOT if I do. Not sure if I want to!

Thanks man, you have been helping me here, in the 60 series forum, and of course in our little Piggy corner...

TJ, I posted in the 60 section, do the mounting bolts fit in stock holes? my guess is it is a stock 55 pedal from the early 70's.
Paul

after looking again, could it be a modified stock assembly from a later 55 that would have had a red bellow to seal at the firewall. Maybe a rod linkage pedal that was modified?

Regardless, they are uncomfortable. I honestly can't go more than about thirty minutes without needing a leg stretch break. Now part of that might be my age (65) but the relationship of the ankle/heel/knee/hip is atrocious. Perhaps my six foot height and the vehicle was designed for much shorter people. I modified the seat mounting to move back about 2.5 - 3.0 inches, hits the left rear seat. That helped, but not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom