gas tank skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've concaved my fuel tank to the point of reducing my overall range by about 50 miles.

I'd love a fuel tank skid.

20210607_140250.jpg

car-part.com is a quick source for take offs around you for cheap prices. I got a tank and skid for $250 shipped.
I want aftermarket. I can easily clean mine up and make it look new, id just like a skid.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

I want aftermarket. I can easily clean mine up and make it look new, id just like a skid.

Thanks for the heads up though :)
Unfortunately man, I don’t think anyone makes an aftermarket gas tank skid. I believe your only options are OEM or fab one, that also depends on your year model. I have read that post 03 rigs have an integrated skid plate that is one with the tank. Either way, I hope things work out for you!

I don't think that's correct, my 05 is definitely not integrated with the tank, disintegrated yes, integrated nope.

Unfortunately man, I don’t think anyone makes an aftermarket gas tank skid. I believe your only options are OEM or fab one, that also depends on your year model. I have read that post 03 rigs have an integrated skid plate that is one with the tank. Either way, I hope things work out for you!
I thought a company 3D printed one…

It's not integrated, per se, but the straps that hold the skid plate in place are also what hold the tank in place. Basically, the tank is held in place by the OEM skid plate.

It's not integrated, per se, but the straps that hold the skid plate in place are also what hold the tank in place. Basically, the tank is held in place by the OEM skid plate.
This I know, but I could have sworn I read that later models were together. It appears I am wrong though and even through searching, I can’t find what I thought I read. I feel like I just made this up lol

So is there any aftermarket skids for the 100 series gas tanks? Mine is Rusted pretty good and the factory one is pretty thin. Searched and found Asfir but don’t think it will work on our US rigs
Hey @molonlabemike as you were kind of the first to first to ask around about it, here's a shout-out to you -
WE JUST STARTED THE PRE-PRODUCTION SALE FOR THE LX FUEL TANK SKID PLATE !!!
* Please note as this is a pre-production sale, lead times will be longer than usual and will be app. 4 weeks (excluding shipping times).

@crolison @Ironsides @Mikw @MongooseGA @Scoin @Kabanstva go get these fuel tanks protected ;)
* Don't forget to use MUDDING5 at checkout for an extra 5% off any purchase!

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 4.07.03 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 4.12.08 PM.jpeg

Hey @molonlabemike as you were kind of the first to first to ask around about it, here's a shout-out to you -
WE JUST STARTED THE PRE-PRODUCTION SALE FOR THE LX FUEL TANK SKID PLATE !!!
* Please note as this is a pre-production sale, lead times will be longer than usual and will be app. 4 weeks (excluding shipping times).

@crolison @Ironsides @Mikw @MongooseGA @Scoin @Kabanstva go get these fuel tanks protected ;)
* Don't forget to use MUDDING5 at checkout for an extra 5% off any purchase!

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

View attachment 2941144View attachment 2941145
How do these attach? Do we still use the straps to support the fuel tank? Btw I love you Asfir.

So we need the oem skid for this to mount to? Many of our oem fuel skids are rotting away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom