gas tank fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UTAH auxillary gas tank including skid plate, fabricated to fit between frame rails and in front of bumper of a fj40. never used.

Gallon capacity? Left or right fill? Sender option? Approximate age?

How much for tank? How much to ship to 28104?

The gas tank I have is from SOR. It have never been used and is designed specifically for and FJ40.
I have the tank, skid plate and an extra filler hose. You tell me what its worth to you and I am sure we can work out a deal!?

josh.

You should read the forum rules above, you need to post how much you want for it.

I'll give you $100

Does it include all of the hardware shown in the SOR link (i.e. fill neck, filler hose, gas cap, switching valve, switch, wire, fuel line, fuel filters, installation hardware, hose clamps and wire ties)? Or just the tank and skid plate?

tank and plate. thats it. never been used, and I don't think that hardware is worth the other 550 bucks SOR wants for it. let me know what you think.

Josh.

Hmmm...pretty interested. Just wondering if it leaves room to sneak 2.5" exhaust pipes along each chassis rails and out under the rear bumper. Any idea?

never thought of that.. I actuall kinda doubt it.. but I'll give it a measure tomorrow and do some looking for you. I'll write you back about this time tomorrow.

Josh.

truggier said:
Hmmm...pretty interested. Just wondering if it leaves room to sneak 2.5" exhaust pipes along each chassis rails and out under the rear bumper. Any idea?
It won't.....I ran my exhaust under and slightly offset of the frame then brought it out therear corner. My only issue you can see in the pic where the 38.5's get into it a little at 6 psi. It can be done.

If you don't buy the tank I may be interested in it. I need to modify my tank so I can move the rear axle back. The thought of taking the plasma to anything that's already had gas in it scares me a little :D
exhaust.JPG

Hey, thanks for the pictures.

Well, I really had my heart set on having my dual exhaust come out under the rear bumper. I don't like the alternate way it would have to be routed - i.e. under the chassis rail and so close to the rear tire. It seems like with this arrangement the tire might hit the exhaust with extreme articulation.

That said, I like the idea of a spare gas tank...decisions, decisions....

In other words, I'm still vascillating.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm just not sure...

heh, how'd ya come up with that number?
If someone here doesn't want it, I guess I'll just have to ebay it and ask for more $$. .

josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom