Gas smell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need help. Yesterday i filled up my gas tank and drove about 20 miles parked it. When i went back to drive it, inside the car had a very strong smell of GAS fumes. I had checked to see if i had a leak anywhere in the gas line under the car and under the hood didn't see any. Any inputs as to what can be the problems? thanks.

The distributor cap vents into the cab, you are possibly getting something kicked back into the car. Someone else should chime in with more details. Or you can do a search. I think Trapper50Cal had this problem recently...

The distributor cap vents into the cab, you are possibly getting something kicked back into the car. Someone else should chime in with more details. Or you can do a search. I think Trapper50Cal had this problem recently...

would the dist. smelll like gas? i will check that...

Pull the side panel in the cargo area on the passenger side. See if the gas is leaking from the vent dealy back there.

I have had that problem as well, I read a few manuals that stated if you over fill your tank you will smell gas in the cab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom