Gas pedal mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a sticking gas pedal. When I come to a stop my rpm is at about 1,000 from a 680 set idle. Pull up on the bottom of the gas pedal and the rpm’s drop. So was thinking that the linkage is hung up some where. So I started with inside. I remove the “E” clip on pin of the gas pedal. It flew off to god knows where. Got a new “E” clip. Then noticed a decent amount of room between the mount and the pin. Just more play then I expected. Then while searching for the “E” clip I found another piece under the carpet. No idea if related.

EA06A12D-860F-4F53-8B41-41C803C800E7.jpeg

9015706E-E9E2-4215-9A0F-A87DBF26F438.jpeg

It’s quite common for the pivots in the carb linkage to get sticky. I’d inspect those too

It looks like that bushing rides in the hole on the left side of the bracket. I can't find a part number or any exploded view of the pivot pin.

Ok. Super easy way to check the pedal. Open the hood. Disconnect one of the ball joints so the carb is free from the gas pedal. Does the gas pedal and remaking link just flip around or does it stick?

Ok. Super easy way to check the pedal. Open the hood. Disconnect one of the ball joints so the carb is free from the gas pedal. Does the gas pedal and remaking link just flip around or does it stick?
Gas pedal recoil is tensioned by a spring on the carburetor. Maybe examine that too.
looks like a bushing for either the brake or clutch pedal. Someone might have pulled either pedal at some point and dropped a bushing

View attachment 3036074
I have a sticking gas pedal. When I come to a stop my rpm is at about 1,000 from a 680 set idle. Pull up on the bottom of the gas pedal and the rpm’s drop. So was thinking that the linkage is hung up some where. So I started with inside. I remove the “E” clip on pin of the gas pedal. It flew off to god knows where. Got a new “E” clip. Then noticed a decent amount of room between the mount and the pin. Just more play then I expected. Then while searching for the “E” clip I found another piece under the carpet. No idea if related.

View attachment 3036059

View attachment 3036060

8/80-9/87 FJ60LG-KA / KK Accelerator Linkage
Fundamental Parts Break Down

24700dbc14da69c2449db85cef266911_LI.jpg

DSCN3324.JPG

DSCN3326.JPG

DSCN3327.JPG

DSCN3328.JPG

DSCN3330 - Copy (2).jpg

DSCN3331 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0683.JPG

pretty yes

but , save and study these images , they are your Technical Road Map to diagnosing your binding Linkage ,,,,,,,,,,

PM me if you have any related parts needs , i have plenty of all of the above

thanks

matt

I had a similiar problem. I'd spray the carby withWD40 and it would get better. I think is was a bent rod on the Carby somewhere. It makes the throtle stick. However to fix it, I just put and extra bend in the tensioner spring on the throttle on the Carby. Only needed a bit more tension to overide the stickness.

In @ToyotaMatt ’s diagram two springs are shown. One is on the linkage next to the carburetor. The other is on the pedal bracket. Make sure you have both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom