Gas Pedal for mechanical linkage - question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwags12

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
heritagecruisers.com
Wondering if anyone is able to tell if this is the correct gas pedal for a 78 fj40 with mechanical throttle linkage ? Or is this one that's made for cable linkage ? See below.
gad_pedal2.jpg

Looks like a cable style.78 linkage should Have a 90 degree bend toward the firewall with linkage ball thing.

Ryan

Last edited:
This is my old one (I went propane). It is worthless since I cut off the rod to attach it for my linkage propane setup.
linkage pedal.jpg

Ryan is correct, it should turn 90 degrees and go through the firewall. Do you have a side version of the top photo (it may be there, just not shown well)? I'd take a removed photo of the one from my '76, but I just modified it for a vortec swap. :D

Here's a few photos of my CA '78 pedal. The California trucks (and maybe later Federal) had the paddle on top to actuate a smog switch. You can see in the second photo how the arm turns forward towards the engine compartment to mate up with the mechanical linkage.

Looks like a cable style.78 linkage should Have a 90 degree bend toward the firewall with linkage ball thing.

Ryan
Pedal1.jpg
Pedal2jpg.jpg
Pedal3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom