Gas Pedal for mechanical linkage - question (1 Viewer)

cwags12

SILVER Star

Wondering if anyone is able to tell if this is the correct gas pedal for a 78 fj40 with mechanical throttle linkage ? Or is this one that's made for cable linkage ? See below.
gad_pedal2.jpg

Morse_FJ40

SILVER Star

Looks like a cable style.78 linkage should Have a 90 degree bend toward the firewall with linkage ball thing.

Ryan

Last edited:

If that's not it, it's pretty close. The cable thingee is for the hand throttle in other markets and it contacts the full-throttle sensor.

spotcruiser

Geezer
SILVER Star

Ryan is correct, it should turn 90 degrees and go through the firewall. Do you have a side version of the top photo (it may be there, just not shown well)? I'd take a removed photo of the one from my '76, but I just modified it for a vortec swap. :D

Here's a few photos of my CA '78 pedal. The California trucks (and maybe later Federal) had the paddle on top to actuate a smog switch. You can see in the second photo how the arm turns forward towards the engine compartment to mate up with the mechanical linkage.

Looks like a cable style.78 linkage should Have a 90 degree bend toward the firewall with linkage ball thing.

Ryan
Pedal1.jpg
Pedal2jpg.jpg
Pedal3.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom