Gas Pedal 'Feel' ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I have driven several cruisers lately, I have noticed a wide variance in the gas pedal "feel".

About half have a nice, deep, natural feel...while the other half feel like the pedal is dead, very short range of motion. I could not distinguish much difference in performance...

One just feels right and the others feel wrong.....very wrong.

Any ideas on cause and correction?

Not just the throttle cable but the transmission cable too.

My pedal had a very stiff, choppy feel to it, really tough to smoothly modulate. I called Dan about the throttle cable, and he guided me to the accelerator cable, which I replaced, and now it is perfect. Not sure if this is the same as what you are talking about.

if you feel a hesitation or "sticky throttle" and your cables are fine... next look to rebuild your injectors and clean out the throttle body and so in... it will take care of some of the hesitation if you are experiencing it.

yup, there is something wrong with mine too: when I tow a trailer and am going uphill, I need to smash the pedal down to the metal and it still isn't moving very fast... I can push down as hard as I want, it doesn't make any difference.... :confused:

:D

yup, there is something wrong with mine too: when I tow a trailer and am going uphill, I need to smash the pedal down to the metal and it still isn't moving very fast... I can push down as hard as I want, it doesn't make any difference.... :confused:

:D

x2. My pedal is often to the metal on hills.

To clarify... it is not a sticky or choppy feel at all, just short and dead. The pedal just doesn't have the range that it should, but acceleration/performance doesn't seem to suffer? Possibly "getting on it" is limited but the RPMs are there...

same here I just towed a trailer this weekend with my jeep on it (5k lbs total), and the acceleration felt really really slow, especially when going up hill. maybe I need to lower the floorboard beneath the skinny pedal. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom