Gas pedal adj. or lubing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My gas pedal seems very stiff on the 80. is there anyway i can make it easier to push. i.e. lubircating it or adjusting something. thanks

The cable core may be hanging up on the casing. It may require replacement of the cable. If the cable is original and you are over 200k, you got your money's worth out of it.

cable is original and 207k miles isnt bad, i may try replacing that. it pretty ad lloking too. kinda beaten up

I seem to be having a similar problem. My gas pedal sticks when I'm at a complete stop. During normal driving it operates fine. Any suggestions?

check yer floormats?

SpikeDogg said:
I seem to be having a similar problem. My gas pedal sticks when I'm at a complete stop. During normal driving it operates fine. Any suggestions?

If it sticks when your foot isn't on the gas and you have to apply more pressure to get it to unstick to move the vehicle, it might be carbon buildup in the throttle body. This happened in my mini. The quick & dirty fix is to remove the hose from the air mass filter to the throttle body on the TB end, shoot a bunch of carburetor cleaner in there and use a wire brush to brush out the gunk, making sure to get around the flap in there. Reconnect the hose, start up the engine. It'll sound terrible for the first 30 sec until the carburetor cleaner burns up. The longer term fix is to remove the TB and soak it in carburetor cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom