Gas mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser and I'm currently getting like 8mpg tops. I've done plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and changed all fluids to synthetic.

Looking for ways to get my MPG up to where it should be. I know it won't be great but would like to be around 12.
Any help would be great, thanks.

Are you running stock tires or larger? Larger you have to account for that.

Internet is your friend on a conversion table then. You're getting better mpg than you think running 295's without correction then. Table is probably somewhere here too along with speedo corrections available.

Internet is your friend on a conversion table then. You're getting better mpg than you think running 295's without correction then. Table is probably somewhere here too along with speedo corrections available.
What correction do i need to do?

295/75's are 7.3% larger than the stock 275/70's.

The good news is you're getting more like 8.5 MPG!

New egghaust system.

^^^ I’m getting terrible mileage as well and pretty sure it’s do the the O2 sensors. My exhaust smells like someone is pouring gas straight on on the ground

You can also unhook the battery for 10 minutes to clear your ecu settings prior to a trip.

I do this when ready for a trip because I DD my truck, the "DD" settings tend to overfuels on long trips.

Usually it improves by 1-2 mpg. I average 12 mpg.

First thing to do is check your O2 sensors. Your 95 might have OBDII so if you have it ( look right above your fuses inside for the connector) then you can use a USB scanner and Torque app or any other way. Anyway, mine were bad and threw a code. I was getting 9-11 mpg and after I replaced both O2 sensors I instantly started getting 13-16.
Good luck

First thing to do is check your O2 sensors. Your 95 might have OBDII so if you have it ( look right above your fuses inside for the connector) then you can use a USB scanner and Torque app or any other way. Anyway, mine were bad and threw a code. I was getting 9-11 mpg and after I replaced both O2 sensors I instantly started getting 13-16.
Good luck

Did you have a very rich exhaust smell before replacement? Did you replace with OE or Denso? (From what I’ve seen Denso was OE for our trucks but significantly cheaper)

Good luck
I already changed those, both had codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom