Gas Cap for 68 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
mofj40-1968.tripod.com
Lost my gas cap yesterday- actually left my oem cap at a gas station weeks ago, and the generic replacement I bought rattled off yesterday. I've searched the archives- seems that the consensus is pre 70s caps are unavailable through toyota?

Does anyone have a part number for a cap that works? I've tried the local autoparts stores, but the caps they list for 68 are all too small. I had one place pull a bunch of different caps to try and find a match, but no luck.

For now, I'm making do with Saran Wrap and a hose clamp, but that's a little too redneck for long term.

wesintl said:
Where do you think CCOT is getting them...

77310-35010 cost me 7.05 at the dealer...

Well, dunno. Sometimes people have stashes. :D

Thanks for the part # Wesintl. Local dealership can order them for $8. Stocked at warehouse in Kansas City, will be here today.

The guys in the parts room don't know sh*t about 40s, but are usually pretty good about letting me search through the fiche with them to find what I need. On oddball stuff like this though, it's much easier just to call and give them a part number.

Thanks for all the replies.

I just got on of those CCOT caps for my 67. Works great, in fact it's the only cap that haa ever fit right. It was OEM Toyota

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom