Gas Can Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Modified gas can carrier that mounts to spare tire! Other side will have a shelf-type can carrier and the license light & plate moved to allow my traction mats!

26-5.jpg

You need a new right bumperette. Right now your gas can is what's gonna take the next rear-ender.

Other markets came with rubber stoppers on the bumperettes. Do you think that would solve the issue?

this is my cruiser from Costa Rica

365785B6-5532-4994-A13A-F8EE72BC4CFD.jpeg

I was half joking about the gas can/bumperette. Nothing really protects the rear of 'Cruisers in an accident.

Got one ordered anyway. Bought it from a Toyota dealer on the west side for $35 & $13 shipping. SOR wanted $50 and $23 shipping!

Keynote: SHOP AROUND!

SOR often costs more but:

1) They maintain an invaluable web site for anyone trying to figure out Cruiser stuff.

2) They have a cool museum of rare stuff.

3) They offered free tech support via phone for years. You could call up and often talk right to the owner who was a dedicated Cruisaholic when few others were.

4) Thet've done more for the Land Cruiser community than anyone else I can think of.

There's nothing wrong with getting a deal but you get what you pay for. It's easy to ride on the coat tails of those that are ploughing the way.

SOR often costs more but:

1) They maintain an invaluable web site for anyone trying to figure out Cruiser stuff.

2) They have a cool museum of rare stuff.

3) They offered free tech support via phone for years. You could call up and often talk right to the owner who was a dedicated Cruisaholic when few others were.

4) Thet've done more for the Land Cruiser community than anyone else I can think of.

There's nothing wrong with getting a deal but you get what you pay for. It's easy to ride on the coat tails of those that are ploughing the way.
I've spent over $1000 so far this year at SOR (also $$$ @ Man-A-Fre who I started going to in 1984 when I had my first FJ40, and Cool Cruisers, etc). But now I am retired and on limited income!

I hear ya. I'm just broke heading for retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom