GARY'S AUTUMN RUN OCTOBER 26 MOUNT CHEAM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a great time today on the Thurston Loop trail run. Thank you very much to Gary for offering me the 'handbrake' seat in your rig. Also, thanks to Gary and Bill for a great trail lunch. Hope Brad and Sarah made it back okay with the lost dogs. Any update on finding their owner?

Posted a few pics below.

Pics

20191026_125344.jpg

20191026_132023.jpg

20191026_152838.jpg

20191026_150854.jpg

20191026_143045.jpg

Great pics!

Glad I didn’t try, wouldn’t have got far on the michelins.

Andrew and I started late. While on the bench road we heard some radio traffic about a truck unable to continue so instead of going up Thursten and adding to the traffic
20191026_140906.jpg
20191026_140413.jpg
20191026_135547.jpg
we headed over to chipmunk and made it to the Cheam lot.
Andrew's first time behind the wheel of Georgia in low range and he did great!

Was hoping to catch you guys on the way down but no luck. Was a great day out!

20191026_141158.jpg

20191026_140359.jpg

And there were two more trucks just like mine!! :clap:

1572152562449_IMG_20191026_140418-PANO.jpg

WE HAD A GREAT DAY OF WHEELING AND PRESENT WERE: ANDREW, GREG B, JOHN G, GARY T, BRAD & SARAH, STEVE R & HELEN, DARRYL H, AND BILL. A COUPLE OF LOST DOGS ADOPTED US AND WE LOOKED FOR THE OWNERS WITHOUT SUCCESS. BRAD TOOK THE DOGS BACK HOME WITH
Border Peaks.JPG
P1030532 (1280x548).jpg
P1030546.JPG
P1030553 (1280x719).jpg
HIM AND AT THIS TIME WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HE DID WITH THEM. UNFORTUNATELY BRAD'S SAMAURI WAS NOT UP TO THE TASK AND HE HAD TO TURN BACK AT THE "Y". WE HAD THE WIENIE ROAST NEAR THE TOP BUT WIDOWMAKER'S HILL WAS NOT NEGOTIABLE. LATER ON THE WAY DOWN CHIPMONK WAS PRETTY ROUGH. THANKS GARY FOR ANOTHER GREAT AUTUMN RUN !

Looks like it was a great day. Sorry that I couldn't make it. Got as far as Abby picking up driveshafts for the HJ on Saturday , and saw where you were all heading to. I'm going to try for the next run. Cheers. Franz

Here are some of Gary's pics and description:
I was not quite able to make the right hand up hill turn off to get to the original lunch spot due to snow and ice. John and I did give it a few tries and we’re making ground. But after several “spirited” attempts. The ice underneath the snow was starting to make things a lil more sketchy as I began to tear it up even more. Greg made a good call to suggest we have lunch at the lower landing flat spot. John and I decided to save further crew attempts for after lunch. Greg made another good call during lunch and said that if we were able to make to the higher lunch spot. Then we would have to deal with the down time of turning the slinky around or uncontrollably bob sledding DOWN the Widow Maker 😱. Good call Greg 👍
image1.jpeg

We chose to by pass the Widow Maker and take the lower road around. I guess it had been a while since I had taken that way and was surprised to see pretty need looking geological Rock plate uplifts along the road.
image2.jpeg

Gary continued:

Thanks for all your help and support as usual Bill and Greg. Takes a huge load off my shoulders and makes it an ongoing enjoyable success. As with most of our off road adventures etc. Every year or trip brings an assortment of unexpected surprises that rarely can stop a resourceful group of amazing people.

It was great to see John was able to make it as well. Turned out he was an awesome Co-Pilot that was a joy to have riding with me and was an unexpected and needed resource on several times on the trip.
image3.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom