Garmin Rino + Macbook pro ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to pick up a Garmin Rino - probably the 530HCX - as my hunting partners have older units and suggested that I get a Rino so we can all keep track of each other. They have been very happy with theirs and like the piece of mind of the location feature.

My concern is with the compatibility of the Garmin software and the MacBook OS. I want to upgrade to the 24K maps and have the ability to print paper maps and trip reports and such. Reviews don't sound good for Garmin support or instruction and I don't know much about macs either as this is my first experience with the Apple cult.

Anyone using these two products together? Have suggestions for other Mac friendly GPS mapping software that is also compatible with the Garmin Rinos?

Thanks!

I can't tell much about your ?,but when i got a free dell 610 and i have 2 garmins : 376c and 60csx..i found a lot of good inf on the links that i will bring to you..lot of reading....hope you can do something. I solve my problems reading on those links.

GPS Receiver Information, Software, and Hardware Reviews of Garmin, Lowrance, Magellan and other GPS Receivers

Laptop GPS World

Real time GPS Tracking solutions - GpsGate.com

http://isohunt.com/torrents/garmin?ihs1=11&iho1=d&iht=-1&ihp=2

GPSBabel: convert, upload, download data from GPS and Map programs

Thanks guys for all the info. I've downloaded the Garmin Basecamp 'app' and will try to download a topo map when I get a chance. Looks like the new software might actually work. Should have it in hand by the end of the week.

Got the Topo 100K maps loaded and headed out tomorrow. Everything loaded fine although the. Basecamp software needed a 57mb update right off the bat but now it seems to be fine

New Mac navigation with the trackpad kinda sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom