Garmin Drive mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Media Mount from Owl Expedition makes a good starting point for attaching RAM, SmallRig or other mounting solutions.

Media Mount

Problem with the Media Mount: geez, I still use the cassette player :doh: I have too much $/time invested in this outdated info (music) storage mode to abandon. Now, if I could just get the energy to digitally convert.

Matter of fact, I just saw an episode of a national nightly news that indicated that cassettes are in the "resergence" mode. Kinda like LP records.

who woulda thought.

If you’re not scared 😱

48BF5BE0-52AD-4420-9D63-87B8B0FCBBE5.jpeg

How did you screw that in? Just self tapping screws or did you get nuts under the dash? Or?
Drilled and bolted. Think I used either M4 or M5's. Removed the face plate at the double din and dropped the stereo down just a bit. I had to drop the stereo down to get my fat fingers in there with the small ass screws/nuts/washers. Super easy and love the functionality. It is not for everyone though. I have seen others do this but most have pristine dashes and don't want to drill holes in there (can't blame them actually). As you can see I don't have a pristine dash.

Before I did this was thinking a fabing a small bracket that would bolt to the side of the stereo and protrude out of the small space left between the stereo and the faceplate. Good luck

pristine dash: that is exactly my hesitation. thinking of designing a light frame that hook to the defrost vent by the windshield, then hang in front of the lame oem display with some yet-to-be-determined attachement below the display.

this is to support a samsung tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom