Garage Plan Ideas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7BE48C79-5FDB-4CA8-9438-DAA3677AA609.jpeg
Site:
Shouldn’t be too much work to clear but will need a good bit of dirt to elevate

There NEVER big enough, foot print or doors!

Not sure how cold it gets in your neck of the woods, but if you have the overhead clearance, I'd consider radiant tube heaters. They make the floor and other surfaces much more comfortable than forced air can.

Unless of course you are privileged enough to be looking at in floor heating, then its a no brainer.

Skeet, clear the rest of those trees too! You a HOT South member?

Forms are up. Time to plumb before concrete. I’m thinking a floor drain in the center with the concrete sloped to it. Anyone think it’s a good or bad idea? Any thoughts on a specific drain type?
As far as I know, you have to be careful of environmental regs, since this is in a garage and may put oiland coolant into your runoff from the drain. I would check with the appropriate authorities before committing to a drain. If nothing else, youay be able to install an oil sump.

I live in a very rural location so not much oversite. I’m pretty conscientious about collecting anything harmful because I have a retriever that will eat it. I didn’t think I would need a floor drain but my contractor said he uses his to wash his vehicles in the winter.

Last edited:
One thing I hate about my shop floor that's sloped, is leveling out something on the floor like a trailer frame, etc. I had my son pour a flat floor in his shop, much better for fab work.

One thing I hate about my shop floor that's sloped, is leveling out something on the floor like a trailer frame, etc. I had my son pour a flat floor in his shop, much better for fab work.

This is what I was thinking. I much prefer a flat floor.

What's the drain's primary purpose? Draining coolant/oil spills, or more likely, draining off snow melt in the winter? If the latter, then they make car trays that you drive over, that drain out towards the door. Pick them up in the summer.

This is what I was thinking. I much prefer a flat floor.

What's the drain's primary purpose? Draining coolant/oil spills, or more likely, draining off snow melt in the winter? If the latter, then they make car trays that you drive over, that drain out towards the door. Pick them up in the summer.

I'm in Alabama so no snow melt to speak of. As far as I can tell, it would only be a drain for washing everything and cleaning the floor without having to squeegee it.

Love it! Nice going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom