Garage floor epoxy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
We signed the papers on our new home in Meridian yesterday :beer: :bounce2:

Even though the job offer didn't work out, we're moving anyway.

I need to get the garage floors done before we move in. Does anybody know a reasonably priced vendor that can do the job?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the new home!

I've had two epoxy floors. First was a DIY with a kit and it looked pretty good. Materials cost about $600 for a two car garage, plus three days of work spread over a week (cleaning and prep, dry, then paint). Not very durable though and it started to flake after a few years, making it necessary to maintain the flaked areas. But it kept the oil and grease from getting ground into the concrete.

I recently had Silverline (NE corner of Chinden and Eagle) do the garage in our new home. They did a very good job, but it wasn't cheap (~$3.80/sq ft). What I really like about this is the durability: we dragged a big safe across it with no damage or scuffs, and dropping a starter left no tale on the concrete; the starter was a different story.

The downside of the pro install is they have to put flakes down to help with traction, which makes cleanup a challenge. I had an extra topcoat put on to minimize this, but it's still not smooth and doesn't sweep as well as I'd like. But I won't be slipping onto my butt.

I spoke with several different reputable vendors in the area and all were priced about the same, so for me it came down to relationship. Matt at Silverline is a lifetime resident and a genuinely good guy, and I know they'll be there to support me if any problems pop up.

So think about what's 'reasonable'. A typical two car garage is 400 sq ft.

Thanks Larry!

I've talked to a couple of the vendors there and they do all seem to be around the same price. My garage is almost 1000 square feet, so it won't be inexpensive.

Phil

I provide epoxy floors, however mostly industrial. PM if you want prices or a quality DIY kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom