Gap or pre Gap on Iridium NGK plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the Iridium NGK is pre gap or you need to gap them. I was about to do it to the Sequoia this evening.

I always check the gap before installing anyway... so for me, they are all no-gap.

I read on the box, it indicated don't gap them, since the "needle" is thin and sensitive. So no gap needed.

But I think the regular NGK required gap like .030-,032 or something.

Very easy to break the tip(experience), don't try to set gap.

i have installed alot of the denso iridiums with the preset gap and have had no problems.

my 80 will be getting the ngk iridiums when the head goes back on

Does anyone know if the Iridium NGK is pre gap or you need to gap them. I was about to do it to the Sequoia this evening.

Ok, so first of all it's not 80's tech...

I read on the box, it indicated don't gap them, since the "needle" is thin and sensitive. So no gap needed.

Next, you set us a trap?

But I think the regular NGK required gap like .030-,032 or something.

Ok, wait a minute: You don't even know what it's supposed to be set at anyway?? :lol: :doh:

Where exactly are you headed with this?

They come pre-gapped, but I would check them before install.
"V- Power" NGK
Now maybe it's the warmer weather but a tank of gas has been giving me 300 miles of hwy and city, need a good road trip to confirm pure cruising mpg's.

I just replaced my plugs with NGK "V-Power" plugs and the correct gap per the FSM is .031"

They were pre-gapped, but not to .031", so you need to check the gap on all plugs you are putting in your truck (except the Iridiums which tell you not to). ;)

thanks guys...I was using Bosch and Denso before. I head these NGK lasted past 60K perhaps, so for about 6 bucks, why not try it.
I did not read the box about not gap these thing before installed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom