Gambler 500 Montana June 23rd-25TH Norris, MT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
(Not Toyota related)

I will be attending the 1st annual Gambler 500 rally in Norris, Montana!

Dates: June 23rd-25th

If you’ve never heard of the gambler 500 check it out on YouTube or Google!

Plan: there is no plan! Just show up and hang out, you don’t need a gambler car, but it’s more fun if you do! There will be camping, racing, trail rides, mini bike races and most importantly cleaning up trash! Because we all know how bad the litter gets up there. Just show up and hang out and have fun

I bought a $350 geo metro that I will be getting ready for the rally so starts the fun!

Currently looking for people/parts to make this thing gambler worthy! Cheep cheep or free99

Needs 12 inch atv tires.
Massive oil leak
Battery
This thing sat for four years I’m told but started right up on a battery pack and some starter fluid
Gonna cut it into a Ute so
Snorkel
Lift kit
Welding the doors shut ETC
Rigging up some tail lights

Any parts donations would be greatly appreciated

After the rally I will scrap the car or sell it if it’s still in one peice

Please tell everyone you know! We’re trying to make this a big thing and we have no idea how many people will show up

IMG_2597.jpeg
IMG_2604.jpeg

Aaron (@ttFJC):

I have my original 2017 Taco Suspension (shocks, UCA's, etc.) that you can have. I will donate them to the cause. They only had $17K miles on them when I took them off. I can bring them this weekend to the trail run.

Scratch that it's this weekend. Sorry, I didn't see that earlier.

406Camper

so the Geo in the gambler 500 was a complete failure. for those of you who don't know, its not actually race but a rally. the goal being buy a $500 car and drive 500 miles, pickup trash, cause mayhem and have a good time doing sketchy s***.

So the day started bright and early on Saturday, and it was rainy. it was a poor decision cutting the roof off. also didn't have any defrost because the controls were ripped out at some point and the wipers didn't work. of course. so that was a miserable drive the 30 miles to norris. but it made it!

Then 100 yards from camp i killed it going through a puddle. thought for sure that i flooded the motor with water so we pulled the plugs and blew it out. started right back up

Then later in the day we went for a little loop around the flats and thats when the problems started. Blew #2 spark plug out the block and then it was only running on 2/3 cylinders. s***.

Had to send it hard becuase it had no power on 2 so i was driving way to fast.

Then maybe 5 miles up the road i nail a rock in the middle of the road. it hit square on the trans oil pan an instantly drains all the ATF, Whoops. was going way to fast to keep my momentum and i guess im just not used to driving a car with 2 inches of clearence. Dropped the motor instantly and only had one engine/trans mount left. no fixing that one because aluminum block.

so then we towed it back to camp. that was a hassle. decided we needed to try and kill this thing and we still fail.

This thing still runs.

it was a blast and a great experience. definatly gonna try and do it again next year maybe with a slightly better car or more time to modify it.

Looks awesome man. Thanks for the pics. Is this a Montana branch of the Oregon one? Or do they happen all over? Looks like a good showing for an inaugural event.

Looks awesome man. Thanks for the pics. Is this a Montana branch of the Oregon one? Or do they happen all over? Looks like a good showing for an inaugural event.
they pop up all over the country. the one in OR is the original. This was the first one in MT and there was probs 35 vehicles that showed up. At least 12-15 full on gambler cars. alot of people came to hang out or watch

Here's another funny update.

AFT says its worth $75 if it gets towed there. nothing if they have to tow it, but they will take it for free.

When i added it to my insurance they gave me a $38 refund. and when i tried to remove it, they wanted to charge me $35. makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom