Gaia GPS hints/tips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Those of you who are running the Gaia GPS app on your devices, this post might be of some use to you. I'll post up my latest conversation with their help desk regarding why my phone wasn't syncing with the cloud. I found it strange that the tablet used to create a track log went up to the cloud but that log wasn't coming into my phone.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,

Might you be able to tell me what I'm doing incorrectly with my syncing? It seems that my phone is in a constant state of "death circle" and doesn't seem to be updating by bringing my track logs from Gaia cloud. It's been in "circle" mode for a day now. Please see the attached screen shots.

Things I've done:
- checked my email log in info
- stopped/started Gaia GPS app

Thanks for any help.
Ali

Gaia response:
Hi Ali,

Sorry for the trouble.

There is a bug where the app has some trouble connecting with our server which is preventing the sync from completing in the app.

Please try this to force a reconnection with the server:
  • Open Gaia GPS > Settings > Account > tap Restore Purchases
  • If prompted, enter your email address and login (proceed even if you get an error message after logging in)
  • Then force close and reopen the app

If you still can't sync after that, then I think logging out and back into the app is our best option.

Because your device is not currently syncing, it is important to export any tracks, waypoints, and routes that are in the app but not on the website.

1. Log in to our website at www.gaiagps.com

2. Click on the drop-down menu to the right of your profile name in the top right corner

3. From this menu, you can choose, Routes, Tracks, Waypoints, etc. Click each type of data and compare it with what's saved on your device. If all your data is listed here, jump to step 8.

4. If it isn't, we'll need to export it from your device.

5. Import the GPX file(s) to the website

6. All your data should now be showing on the web. If not, please reach out and we're happy to help.

7. Log out of the app (Open Gaia GPS > Settings > Account > Change Email > Logout)

8. Log back in to the app using your email address and your data will begin syncing from the Gaia Cloud automatically.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above or if there's anything else I can do to help.

Melanie Wilson
Gaia GPS
Adventure Support

Lots of video tutorials here

I
Lots of video tutorials here

I had this exact problem!
Now fixed. Thanks Ali

You're welcome John. It's a known bug and you'd think they woulda fix it by now :bang:

I love my Gaia when I am off road, just wish there where some Establish routes like the Pony Express route that I could just load in. I know they have one for the Trans American Route.

Have you see that Gaia with its newest update now has a new “Map Overlay” - “Public Tracks”. If I understand this correctly, if you put your recorded tracks to public it should be able to be seen by others.
I.E: I run the pony express and record it, then anyone should be able to follow my tracks.

B1B4247F-97E3-4C5E-A494-F1E06DDE64D9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom