Gaging interest on repop smog pump hoses (1 Viewer)

How much would you pay for a set of smog hose? See diagram

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the help of a couple members here I should have a complete extra set of smog hoses in my possession by end of the week.
I’ll be able to get an accurate estimate on getting these made, if with in reasonable means.

Going to take some engine temperature readings in various forms of driving, including off road. Hope that gives an decent gauge on temps these hoses will be encountering.

I do like the idea of including heat shielding sleeves on key hoses.

Great Factory Focus-Point Reproduction Parts Concept Jason !

Take all the way Brother ! :)

small.png

Last edited:
Hoses are shipping out to the manufacturer for measuring and cads.
Should have some more options for all of us to go over in a week or two. I asked about temp options and they can use different materials to achieve just about what ever we want.
I'll have price differences after the specs are all taken and drawn up for the estimates.:)

Going to pick up an infared temp reader and get some street, freeway, and small trailer temp readings. I'll try to get some some offroad temp readings but I never bothered with the technical stuff before and don't see it happening really. Theres an offroad park loacally but I wont be doing any rock climbing.
Any other 2 cents to throw in before I get the final estimate?

They seem to respond to one out of every 5 emails. Not looking good. I’ll update if things change.

late to the party, but I'd be interested at some point. My smog pump hoses are in decent shape now, but they don't last forever.

I received my donor set of hoses back today and still in talks with the manufacturer.

Looks like the complete set of hoses will run $250, not including shipping.
Just wanted to keep you all updated to see what the consensus is from Mud

0-1.jpg

0.jpg

smog pump hoses.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Then I don’t have to make custom steel ones 😉

Better than trying to piece together silicone of some other hose. Fair price, I think.

Agreed. $250 for a complete kit seems about right

Last edited:
If this happens, you *may* want to contact SOR - They often buy a quantity of these one-off production runs for their catalog.

Could reduce overall cost with a higher volume production since jigs/molds will be made.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom